Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Front Magic Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I don't doubt you would know; The Magic back is really odd.

I have hundreds of fakes I keep in stock labeled by location, material and sets for reference.. any reason for assuming?

Like I said before I got this from a former executive who has rare Pokemon items such as a Ancient Mew uncut sheet ... which I have not even seen much information on the internet about. The other items I have bought off of her as well as check her ebay history on lines right up with this kind of thing

If I was not 100% already sure of this card being real I would take one that I have an extra of in half and check the material.

The magic back is odd but from what I have told by a few that I have been in contact with about these cards, is that since WOTC was over both at a time it is very possible. I have only seen these on foreign cards base Pokemon fronts.

Card is real. I know my fakes.

I got this and a few others like it off a former executive with an arsenal of cards and other rare items.

That's exactly who you'd get something like that from.
Sounds like a test print.
Don't know if it rises to the level of error card, but they should have done it with a Pokemon back.

Square cuts usually go for about $20, so one with a MTG back should go for more.

Haha, Rusty this is awesome.

You always come up with the best stuff. Any of the cards with the Magic back in English?

I actually think a lot of MtG collectors would give you a very high amount for this; I know if you have some of the magic front, harry potter back cards they go for a very tidy amount (as that thread above says, a complete theme deck used to be around $10,000-$15,000 dollars.) They love errors/curios/tests like this

Lools faked IMO. The text is German.

And actually, the only text that looks wrong to me is the Pokedex text.

the text is right.

i could ask some german Mtg players at my league if they are interested and what they potentially want to pay. But i doubt someone is willing to pay much.

There are MTG cards with Harry Potter backs, if I recall correctly they went for a lot of money as
only a few decks were produced this way by accident.

"*SCOURGE PRECONSTRUCTED CARDS WITH HARRY POTTER BACK*
From the Preconstructed Decks "Goblin Mob" and "Max Attack", 60 cards. As today only one of each deck are known. The "Goblin Mob" deck was sold 13,100$ to a private collector on Ebay"

Awesome stuff Rusty, you should totally ask a German collector, I bet some would be willing to
pay a premium for them!

There is a difference between an error card (deck) that got put out for sale to the public and a test card kept for internal use only.
They are two different animals and applying a price from one to the other is not appropriate.

Yeah you´re right Pokepop, comparing between MTG and Pokemon errors/test prints isn´t appropriate anyway.

I just wanted to imply that things like these happen from time to time and that there is a chance
that these might´ve been errors that never made it out of the factory as well.
I mean, the amount of cards printed would be equally low, whether these are test cards or errors,
or am I wrong?

They´re cool items nonetheless imo and depending on the collectors interested, they could
fetch good money. Putting a price tag on these beforehand is impossible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back