Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Illustrator for sale!

That's been up for a while.
And it won't sell for that much.

In this economy around $10-15k would be a decent price for it to go for. I think Brian just put it that high so people could make offers against it.

Yeah, I think Greylight has one for sale as well for considerably less(?). I simply don't understand why someone would pay thousands of dollars for a Pokémon card that's not even playable. :/ Sure, I spent $75 dollars on a RH TVR, but $30k? Why?

Greylight does not have the card up anymore, along with the trophy pikas because they all sold last summer. Also that might be the one from greylight, it changed hands so many times, but as dj said 10-15k would be a solid price right now.

Also about spending that kind of money, it is just the value of the card, really most things you are buying are regulated by an idea of value rather than their function. If you think that is a lot check out some baseball card auctions, they hit the millions and make this card look like a low end purchase :smile:

He is selling my illustrator. Yes, it was originally Greylight's, I bought it a year ago( for a lot less then the 15 k he was asking) thanks to Mozzy :) who bought the entire lot off of Greylight. And he wasn't lying- the card is mint- considering how old it is and the fact that it was originally given to an 8 year old kid that is pretty amazing!

To be honest, I'd rather saw off my right arm then sell this card. But my wife is really sick, we have no health insurance and the doctor bills are piling up.

And you guys are spot on. Although- imho- the card is worth more,12-15K is all it would sell for right now ( and I would let it go for that btw ;) ).

So if you want to own the "Holy Grail" of pokemon cards , give me a shout.

And know the $ is going to a good cause- helping to save my wife's life!!

He is selling my illustrator. Yes, it was originally Greylight's, I bought it a year ago( for a lot less then the 15 k he was asking) thanks to Mozzy :) who bought the entire lot off of Greylight. And he wasn't lying- the card is mint- considering how old it is and the fact that it was originally given to an 8 year old kid that is pretty amazing!

To be honest, I'd rather saw off my right arm then sell this card. But my wife is really sick, we have no health insurance and the doctor bills are piling up.

And you guys are spot on. Although- imho- the card is worth more,12-15K is all it would sell for right now ( and I would let it go for that btw ;) ).

So if you want to own the "Holy Grail" of pokemon cards , give me a shout.

And know the $ is going to a good cause- helping to save my wife's life!!

John: Wish I could buy the card and be able to hold it for you, but if I did, I wouldn't need a Dr., I'd need a Mortician. My wife would KILL me! LOL As you know, my thoughts and prayers are with you always. I hope Bert gets well soon. See ya next week my friend! (Obama's health care for all cannot come soon enough for some folks!)

Keith

Back