Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon in Local Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmario

Our local paper published an article about me and my brothers playing pokemon. There is one mistake in it. It says that I finished 4th at MD states. I was first :biggrin:.

Our local paper published an article about me and my brothers playing pokemon. There is one mistake in it. It says that I finished 4th at MD states. I was first :biggrin:.

Hmmm, the article states that you've learned to win and lose graciously....Yelling, "I lost to YOU" at the top of your voice at MD states must have been an exception. LOL!

Hmmm, the article states that you've learned to win and lose graciously....Yelling, "I lost to YOU" at the top of your voice at MD states must have been an exception. LOL!

I think it was DarthPika that blurted that, not drmario. Still, a big laugh out loud for this post. =p

Nice article, Peter.

That doesn't count.

I don't have to be good loser if it happens to be to you. :tongue:

I thought of that, but what do we do with all the league stuff if no one shows up?
Keep it for next season. People will show up eventually if they know where your league is. This is especially if you appear in a local paper and the paper mentions the place where your league is. The paper is about events around annapolis. I doubt you're the only 4 people in annapolis with any interest in pokemon.

My story: Closest places for Pokemon near me were Rockville MD and Woodbridge VA, both outside of what I'd consider good travel time for league play. I started a league in an area where TCGs were dead. End of 1st season had 8 people. Now I average 45 people a week.

Which reminds me, I need to turn in the league report *heh heh*.

For the regional match tomorrow, he said his strategy is simple: "Win - don't misplay at all." <--Genius, Patrick, Genius...

Nobdy named Patrick said that, that was MY strategy. But it didn't work. Stupid togekiss...

Yeah I just read the article. I'm guessing the strategy didn't work. It should have been, "beg opponent to let me win", considering thats what you did. by the way, I never knew you guys were honeschooled. Greetings, mah brethren!!!

One of my opponents did that to me. It was hilarious :lol:

It must have been QUITE a shock to them.....:biggrin:

Yeah I just read the article. I'm guessing the strategy didn't work. It should have been, "beg opponent to let me win", considering thats what you did. by the way, I never knew you guys were honeschooled. Greetings, mah brethren!!!
Homeschoolers are known for their excellent spelling.

Annnnnd....what did that have to do with anything? However, it does seem a good number of Homeschoolers actually do the TCG.

...and the public school high schoolers (round here at least) have to deal with ME!! Bwahaaahaaa!!

(oh, yeah, and they get to deal with 5's on the AP bio test, too!)

lucky. i wish i was in the paper, i might even be the best player in my town ( i think there r 4 players in my town including me, and i thrash them badly every time i play them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back