Pokemon Jungle 1st edition set

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by christina_c, Oct 11, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. christina_c

christina_c New Member

Hello, Im new to this site, just discovered it while searching. Seams to be some good info to be found here. Anyways, was just wondering if anyone knows or has an idea of what a complete 1st edition mint jungle set is worth? Not looking to sell, just trying to get an idea of what my sons collection may be worth. And which cards should be saved vs/ played with. We are fairly new to pokemon collecting, and I happened to come across this complete jungle set which I bought for him. Thanks in advanse for any help (he wants me to add a cool symbol now lol) :fire::lightning

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

The only set whose first edition carries significant extra value is the Base Set.
    We have a price guide where you can pull up the entire Jungle set value, with both unlimited and first edition.
    Just click on the Meowth in the banner at the top of the page, read the Guide explanation, and then click on the link into it.

3. christina_c

christina_c New Member

Thanks, I did look there, and added them up. The average price of all came to be like 80 dollars or around that. I didnt know if that was accurate or up to date. Or if maybe they were worth more or even less when you have the whole set.

Well anyways doesnt matter. I guess if those figures are about right, then we got a good deal at 35.00 for the complete set so we are happy. I just didnt know if my son should save those since they are OOP and 1st ed... rather than handle them.

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I was going to say, before I read your last sentence, that I would have paid about $35 or $36 for the whole set.
    So you got a decent price.
    Yes, it's a bit odd, but often selling in bulk works out less than per card.
    But of course, finding someone that wants the whole set is the problem.
    If he does play with them, put them in deck sleeves for protection.
    Playing without sleeves will wreak them very quickly.