Pokemon Noob

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Da Me Cabezza, Nov 4, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Me Cabezza

Da Me Cabezza New Member

Let me start off by saying im an extreme noob when it comes to pokemon with only about 50 battles under my belt, all of which are inexperienced, except for one who uses the MSNBC and kricktune deck and he beats me every single time. This is my deck as of current and i need help badly. The Strategy is quickness? i guess

Pokemon
    4x Riolu
    3x Lucario
    (need lvl x badly)
    3x Machop
    3x Machoke
    3x Machop DP (no Pk ones)
    2x Sudowoodo
    2x Meditite
    1x Medicham
    =21 (too many?)

Trainers
    1x Dusk Ball
    2x Prof Rowan
    1x Castaway
    4x Plus Power
    1x Strength Charm
    4x Switch
    1x NightMaintenance
    3x Bebe Search (dont have any celio's)
    2x Quick Ball (dont have any great balls)
    2x Steven's
    =21

Energy
    18x Fighting

Im wondering what is pointless what i should take out and what i should add, please post cards i should replace and backups just incase i dont have those. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

-6 fighting

+1 TGW
    2 night maintanence
    3 DRE

3. Da Me Cabezza

Da Me Cabezza New Member

4. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

you deffenatly do not need 4 switch! take out at least two of those for more useful trainers, like play more than one of a trainer like duskball. more of the same trainer means better chance of getting it, thus increasing your consistancy (being able to get what you need when you need it).

youre going to want to get more draw as well, you shouldnt have only 2 draw cards in a deck, especaily situational ones like stevens.
    and you dont want to have spread out poke lines (unless the deck alows, like R-gon and metanite) because, like i said before with the trainers, it lessens consistancy.
    so you could take out the 2 meditite, the 1 medicham, and 2 sudowoodo and add in more draw like tv reporter, bills maintinance, and prof oaks visit. copycat, rowan, and oaks research are good to. and if you want to mess with your opponent you could also play team galactics mars/wager.

now that you have more consistancy you can take out a couple of energy because youll be more likely to get them with your draw cards. so you should take out 4 to 5 energy to put in (like garchompx12 said) double rainbow energy and more draw/get what you need trainers.

hope that helps!

5. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

yeah, definitely take out the sudowoodo and medicham, 1 machoke, a few energy, and 2 swithces for rare candy, draw(oak, copycat, mars, tv, steven's, whatever floats your boat), and Double Rainbow Energy

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

You said you always get beaten by MSNBC. What is in that deck? I never heard of it. What I recommend is that you modify your deck to counter your opponents!

You also need to add a strategy to your original post so that we can help you better (it is also a rule in this forum)!

7. Da Me Cabezza

Da Me Cabezza New Member

Thanks for the help, any more would be appreciated as well too, but ill make all the changes you told me, thanks

8. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Metagross Deoxys, Steelix EX Unseen Forces, and Nidoqueen d Dragon Frontiers?

...that's not even in Modified anymore. I wouldn't be too concerned if you couldn't beat it *SHOT*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.