Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Organized Play expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_A

I got an email from Steve McLaughlin from POP today asking about our city championship details. Among other details was this nice tidbit:

If you are interested in applying to become a Premier Tournament Organizer, please send a separate email expressing this concern. There are several parts of the country where we’d like to get Prereleases and Gym Challenges lined up for the future.

Sounds great to me. More pre-releases, gym challenges, who knows what else. I'm assuming all of the tournament organizers that do a city championship will have the same opportunity. Let's all work hard to get as many events as possible. Now's the time to expand with the programs Nintendo is offering, and work together. Along with the current schedule of events, things seem to be looking up.

Actually, I rather doubt if 'every' CC TO will be approached with this offer. My view is that they asked you because there is no PTO in your area (of course, your proven expertise will have been a factor!)., and so you're a prime candidate!

What I mean is, in my case there is already a PTO running Premiere events within an hour's drive, so I would be surprised if I were offered the same opportunity (unless my CC garners higher attendance, perhaps ;)).

RainbowRichards is correct. Steve mentioned in a recent e-mail to PTOs that PUI was going to ask some of the TOs who were doing CCs if they would be interested in becoming PTOs. They are looking for people in areas where there is no PTO.

BDS

Last edited:
We've asked to be PTO's over here. But nothing doing it seems :(

Kind of funny that for the pr-release that is due real soon now I've just recieve the proposal form.. after all details have been finalised and a month after we started out advertising campaign.

One of the things that we are constantly requesting is advertising material that we can use in magazines. No use to us this late as all the magazines that we use had deadlines that expired a month ago!.

Last edited:
I know PUI has been looking for more PTOs from the begining, and I think the CC is a great way for them to test out some of the regular TOs to see how well they can run a PUI event. Maybe that is way they let not just PTOs run them.

It seems, too, that there aren't PTOs in every state, so this (the CCs) was an opportunity to "cast a wider net" and get participation (of both players and organizers) in lots more locations!

NoPoke said:
We've asked to be PTO's over here. But nothing doing it seems :(

Kind of funny that for the pr-release that is due real soon now I've just recieve the proposal form.. after all details have been finalised and a month after we started out advertising campaign.

One of the things that we are constantly requesting is advertising material that we can use in magazines. No use to us this late as all the magazines that we use had deadlines that expired a month ago!.

If it makes you fell any better, the US PTO's were not given any images to promote with either. We were given a flyer to use, but that thing wouldn't work in newspapers and magazines. I was able to put some of my tournaments in Scrye Magazine for free. They just list the tournament so it was easy to do. PUI asked us not to spend a bunch of money on advertising this time, guess a few people got a little carried away. That and newspaper ads are expensive.

No it doesn't make me feel any better if others also are stuggling to promote the game. However I do appreciate the thought.

All the money that is spent on advertising over here comes out of our own pockets. WWW.SOUTHEASTCHALLENGE.COM can now offer a good deal on colour laser printed posters if anyone is interested ;) Okay so its not that good a deal as the printer cost lots of money and emptied our coffers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back