Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire--A Objective Review...

Skywolf1

Like it or not, Pokemon is here to stay for the long term. Nintendo/Creature/GameFreak, have created one of the most, if not THE most successful gaming titles in the history of electronic gaming.

Following in the footsteps of the successful Ruby and Sapphire releases for the Gameboy Advance console, the Pokemon phenemenon enters the "pinball" arena once again, with the highly anticipated "Pokemon Pinball:Ruby and Sapphire" title only available on the Game Boy Advance console.

Like all preceeding Pokemon games, regarless of genre, this one is destined to be added in the ever growing list of wildly popular and successful Pokemon titles, and for very good reason.

Nintendo took their time on this game, not merely a generic pinball game with the Pokemon marque slapped on it. In fact, just the opposite. This game was thoughtfully put together with some very original ideas put in place, that meld very well with Pokemon's "Gotta Catch 'em All" premise.

The game comprises of two seperate tapes, each appropriately named "Ruby and Sapphire", with the exception of the "flippers" all other actions are either Pokemon items, seen in the game, anime, etc, or performed by Pokemon characters from the Ruby and Sapphire games.

Starting the game is elementry, with the player being given the choice of either starting on the "Ruby" or "Sapphire" tables. Each table presents its own unique challenges, and both tables are very original in their design and layout. Spoink, the "pig type" Pokemon provides the work of the "launching plunger" for both games, with several different type Pokemon also playing key roles, such as Latias (Sapphire Table) Latios (Ruby Table) Zigzagoon, Shapedo and a host of others.

Like any other pinball type game, the object remains the same, to achieve a "mission" and get the highest score possible, with the 1st place score being a default 100,000,000. The premise here, is to "complete your Pokedex" of over 200 Pokemon using the pinball tables to unlock different areas, that can provide bonuses to players who are "pinball wizards". There are bonus screens, that are also activated when certain tasks are completed.

I have played a lot of pinball type games in my day. However, Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire is by far and away the BEST pinball game out there in the areas of graphics, sound and general originality.

For anyone who is a pinball wizard, or enjoys this popular pastime, this game is a MUST!

Overall Grade: A

Sound: A
Graphics: A
Originality: A

Skywolf1

Oh....my....god.

I just got this game this morning and it is hella cute! And addictive!

I never played the original Pokémon Pinball, so I can't compare the two. But the advances in graphics/animation/sound one noticed in Ruby/Sapphire are here, definitely.

This is a fun game! :)

'mom

I loved the original to death, and plan on getting the new one very soon (thank you R/S Challenge money :D)

Pokemon Pinball should be at any major retail store chain now. (e.g. Target, Wal-Mart, Electronics Boutique, etc.)

Take Care,

Skywolf1

SD_PokeMom said:
I never played the original Pokémon Pinball, so I can't compare the two. But the advances in graphics/animation/sound one noticed in Ruby/Sapphire are here, definitely.

The first one was pretty good. Im still playing it since im a little on the poor side (i just got Pidgeot this morning :) ). Animation/graphics/sound were pretty good, if not by far the best, for a GBC game (the original one, I mean)

thx sky wolf. i just bought it!!! you helped me a lot!! if theres any way i could help you ask!!

mighttina

p.s. the games great!! poochy loves it!!

Back