Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokePockets 3rd Place BR Report (Sandy, UT)

PokePockets

Hello Pokegym, here is my first BR Report for the Spring BR's. This was a very good tournament, and we had 55 players at this tournament. For those of you who don't know, i am in the Seniors Division. So... here is my report

The deck i played was what i called "The Burning Swarm" I have a thread in the deck fourm if you want to look at it, but i changed it around a bit before the tournament.

We played 4 rounds with a top cut of 4

Ok...here we go.

Round 1 vs. Heath D. (Yes, TOM made me play my little brother first round) T2 Scizor
This match was very good. He cessed me to death at first, but then i started to beat him down slowly and fend him off. In the end, he set up one turn too late, and i got the win.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Sean S. (Tyranitar/Darkrai/Weavile}
Ok, so this round definetly worked to my advantage. I had a great set up going, T2 Leafeon Lv.X, Espeon, Umbreon, and Moltres. In the end, i just kind of swept the floor with him, hitting him with 100 constantly. I won.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Nathan C. (T2 Beedrill)
This game was also quite close. He pulled out a couple of Beedrills, but i was able to fend them off, until he played like 3 freaking Night Maintenence. He pulled it off in the end, but l took 4 prizes. I Lose

2-1

Round 4. vs. Brandon J. (Banette)
This match was pretty close. He only took 4 prizes, and he kept pulling out he Banette's, but i ended up hitting him with Moltres and Leafeon Lv.X. Victory to me!

3-1

So, i go into the top cut seeded 2nd.

Top 4 vs. Kyle K. (Hurricane)

Game 1:He sets up like crazy with his smeargles, keeping the cylcones coming, i kind of make a comeback, but i had pretty much no hope...He wins game 1

Game 2:This game was a bit better. I ended up taking 4 Prizes when he took 1. But sadly, he finally got his Gatrs out and... made a freaking comeback. He wins game 2...

3-2

So i finish the tournament in 3rd, which was ok. Overall this was a test period for my Burning Swarm deck, and it worked out well

Props:
Burning Swarm Running Consistantly

Slops:
Andrew (MoP) not making top cut (can't remember his Swiss Record)
Caelson making one gameplay error and getting beat in T4 Masters
Justin (HurricaneWarty) going 1-4 in swiss

That's all i got guys, Peace.

Last edited:
Back