Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokesam's 1st place Oregon States Report seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokesam128

so i didn't think i was gonna do very well because my deck wasn't working very well but i didn't have time to change so i just played it.

Round 1: vs random
I donk his shinx with my landorus.
1-0
round 2: vs random
I t3 him by killing all his pokemon with landorus and mewtwo.

2-0
round 3: vs Brent w/blastoise buffalant

I 6-0 him and sweep all his squrtles.

3-0

round 4: vs Dawson w/ hydreigon
I get a good start and sweep him with landorus.

4-0

round 5: vs Nathan w/darkrai sableye
i n him and he gets triple dark patch and gets really lucky of lasers.

4-1

round 6: vs Hayden w/ rayeels

I swept him and killed all his tynamoes.

5-1

round 7: vs Koichi w/darkrai sableye

I get a t1 gold breaker and get lucky.

6-1

Top 16/...................

top 16 vs dylan w/rayeels
game 1: i get really lucky off an ether for game.
game 2: i donk him

top 8: vs jaquar w/white tea

game 1: i beat him because he misplays and goes after a the mewtwo war i started.

game 2: i could win but add wrong and are 10 off game so i lose

game 3: i get t1 gold breaker and sweep him.

top 4: vs colter w/rayeels

game 1: I donk him w t1 gold breaker HTL

game 2 : I lose because of whiffing things.

game 3: i donk his tynamo.

top 2: vs Nathan w/ darkrai sableye

game 1: I beat him really close and he whiffed 2 energy fot the loss

game 2: I lose due to bad luck

game 3: I go up 4 prizes damage a darkrai with buffo then n to 2 and his catcher for game

YAY I WON STATES i run around

Last edited:
Congrats on the win, but I don't think the people you played are actually named "noob" and I'm sure you lost certain games by just more then bad luck.

They played a theme deck

Still, but what would you want as your name on someone else's BR that 100's of people are going to see? Noob? Or your real name? Specially if the Noob actually beat you. It's not a big deal but to some people having some kind of respect for the person sitting next to you is nice to see.

Congrats on the win, but I don't think the people you played are actually named "noob" and I'm sure you lost certain games by just more then bad luck.

you realize that Sam is just actually better than people whose names aren't super relevant to the report right?

you realize that Sam is just actually better than people whose names aren't super relevant to the report right?

In that case I'm assuming neither are you. If they weren't relevant in BR's no one would put names. Either way it's not a big deal, I congratulated him on his win, not taking anything from him or saying he's not a good player, was only bringing it up as future reference.

We can all understand not remembering the persons names, but if you can at least put there names and not "noob" or some jiberish..

As I can see he did change it to "random" which is cool, like I said before I wasn't derailing him in anyway.

IF you consider this a report, maybe. I personally find it crude and full of grammatical/spelling errors. There is also a hint of condescension that may not be conscious but is still relevant.

In short; it's rude to refer to someone as 'noob' in that context.

This was one of the worst reports I have ever read. I once made a report like this, and it eventually, after figuring out some maturity, disgusted me. I think a revamp on this whole thread is in need. If you wanna waste your time with a horrible report, I'd let you know I actually wasted my time with reading it AND wasted my time writing this whole complaint.

You are a State Champion, it means you should be solid at this game, maybe perhaps some intellect. I think utilizing said intellect would be a great idea.

Props-you won, fantastic!
Slops-Everything else after the title of the thread.

This was one of the worst reports I have ever read. I once made a report like this, and it eventually, after figuring out some maturity, disgusted me. I think a revamp on this whole thread is in need. If you wanna waste your time with a horrible report, I'd let you know I actually wasted my time with reading it AND wasted my time writing this whole complaint.

You are a State Champion, it means you should be solid at this game, maybe perhaps some intellect. I think utilizing said intellect would be a great idea.

Props-you won, fantastic!
Slops-Everything else after the title of the thread.

^ This

Every time you lost it was bad luck or your opponent being really lucky lol

I mean honestly this format DOES have a lot of luck, but this report makes you sound immature and cocky

Congrats on the win!

Though, I was also going to comment how poor the report was and how you downplay your loses and your opponent's wins. You can't win everything. When you lose, it isn't luck.

You've been misled to believe this game is only about winning matches.

An observation of SOTG would be my recommendation.
Strive to become a better person and only then will you gain insight into what it truly means to become a better player.

I cannot congratulate you on your win because you haven't acknowledged that those who have lost Also deserve respect.

Remember, he is a Senior.

And Seniors are just that.....young teens that are excitable and self-centric...I know, I have raised them.

Vince

^ok now that's not cool.
I am a senior and while I can be obnoxious it is not right to put us all in a category. What this guy did I would never do all players are good enough to be playing there and that's a fact. But what you do by saying "Seniors" as a generalization is no better than what he did

I Feel you guys make this game sound like it's all skill pokemon is almost entirely luck. There's matchups and not misplaying but the rest is luck. You think blind ethering for game otherwise i would've lost skill thats pure luck that involves no skill. Do you call loosing off a coin flip skill thats not skill thats luck on your opponent flipping heads and you flipping tails. Do you call getting donked pure skill "oh i misplayed so bad by starting with a lone tynamo going second i'm such a scrub". Is that skill, NO oh I topdecked a catcher for game off a n to 1 that was the biggest skill play I ever did obviosly. I prized 3 tynamo's oh thats a lot of skill right should've played a different deck because I don't know how to play this one. I flip all heads on HTL while my opponent flips all tails hmmm i'm just good at this game because I flip heads. NO, see pokemon is a majority of luck because pokemon has been made luck over the last about 9 sets.

---------- Post added 03/22/2013 at 12:32 PM ----------

Wait I also forgot about the BLW first turn rule. hmm going first takes skill getting to do everything first evolve attach usually attack first. wait i bet some people think cslling coin flips is skill. WHEN IT's Not

Last edited:
OK, fine, by your logic, you only won this states due to luck.

I understand that you're in seniors, but that doesn't excuse you to acting in such a manor to your opponents, it's actions like these that put people off the game. A kid starting the game, possibly a person that started this game recently and went to his/her first tournament today, may have seen you win, looking up to you, only to come on here to see that you called them a noob (random isn't much better considering in a lot of games it's still a derogatory term).

Furthermore, the people that managed to beat you in top cut or swiss may feel a bit disheartened that you discredited their wins due to luck.

I'm seeing this as more of an opportunity to say that you won the state championships and to brag about it, which is fine and congratulations, but it isn't a report. If you want to show off that you did well, just put the results of the tournament in the "Who won" section, and put (ME!) after your name and position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back