Pooz

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Venusaur, Apr 6, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Venusaur

Venusaur New Member

Freddy K you used to be nice like the reply below but now YOU ARE BITTER. Y? I THINK I KNOW WHY.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Way to go... after all that testing you still came t8 ACK :mad: must have been annoying vs. players who blatantly waste your time stalling with rulings of Multi.

Should you have used Archie/TAM? :p (Neo in-joke)

Send me your list on AIM would be interested to see it.

~fK

3. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Jermy you played really well in the tourny. I didn't think there would be anyone really good there, but a few good players came. It's too bad you had that horrible start the first round of the top 8, but there was nothing you could do about it. Shane ended up loosing 2 games after you tied him, so much for his perfect record. Serves him right for stalling against you to avoid a loss. It was cool hanging out with you and I'll have a better deck ready for Gym Challenge so I can actually make top 8. See you then!

4. DarkTyranitar

DarkTyranitar New Member

Hey Venusaur,

First, Congrats! on finishing at the top in the regular tournament play.

I'm the guy - (Tony Wootson) - who you went up against in the first round of the "sudden death-elimination/playoff" portion of the tournament.

With respect to your "Slops" of the addition of the top 8 included, this (NATURALLY) is one of my "TOPS!!!", since because of this I was the able to squeaked into that 8th spot with my 4-2 record.

Your battle with me was a very, very good one, and very well could have gone your way if not for you Mulliganing 3 - 4 times to start out the game. This ultimately ended up giving me several additional cards that helped me out GREATLY at the beginning of the game.

In addition, it very well may have gone your way had time not been called. Although I had one prize left to your 3, the momentum had definitely changes to your advantage.

Another observation of mine is it was very uncanny how very similar both of our decks were, with them being created completely independently of one another. Now, if you're the cynical type - (not you perse') - you might say that with a limited number of cards that can be included in a deck, this is bound to happen. However, card for card your deck was only around 4 - 6 cards different from mine.

I ultimately ended up loosing in the semi-final round to EveeTrainer, who had ANOTHER Blaz/EX/Ray deck. (He added a line of Aqua Manetrics.)

However, I once again had fun during our battle and hopefully will be able to test my deck out (with my recent tweakings) against yours once again, this time in non-tournament play.

- Tony

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  5. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer New Member

Great job to all the people I played against in this tournament. I had alot of fun and really some of the greatest matches in the history of my pokemon playing days. I saw a great many decks and a nice variety as well. Sorry about giving you such a hard time in the Ruling on the Multi energy venusaur but I have a past time when a similar ruling was called on at an STS with wizards and it was said that it couldn't be done that way (been so long that I don't remember exactly the cause for the call) but they stated that it Rainbow had to maintain it's color for the duration of the attack otherwise there the pokemon would not be fulfilling the energy requirements for the attack. But with the change of the times so are teh changes in the rules.

Also in regards to your round 4 match against the Guardevoir Deck. This is a close friend of mine and take my word he's not a cheater in any way shape or form. He's just a smart player through and through. In regards to teh stalling I can't say a thing to that as I wasn't there but he just takes time to consider things carefully (and I'll admit that yes he does take his sweet time).

Sorry I didn't get the chance to play you 1 on 1 but maybe at the Gym Challenge. Hope to see you there

-Saturn Knight

6. Pablo

Pablo New Member

sorry jerms, too bad about the last game, show me the list u played through aim whenever u ARE on =P, this won't happen at Gym Challenge, you'll see.

gj

-MuD

7. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

pfft,You dissapoint me jermy,You can beat joner sometimes when he washes but You cant beat a Mirror match(yea I know mirror matches suck).owell GJ on top 8

8. Psyduck

Psyduck New Member

2 bad u didn't win. That really sucks b/c u did so well in the T8. At my States, the number one seed was 6-0 and I knocked him out in the 1st round...sucky huh?

Well congrats to you even though you didn't win. Mirror matches are as bad as they are good. Maybe you'll get a better start next time? Mad props 2 ya!

Duck

9. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

You SUCK Jermy!!! Of course I went the same record going into t8 and lost round 1 of the finals to mirror to Gymbo lol. STUPID POKE NURSE! STUPID STUPID STUPID. Anyways, yeah, wait to your GC...cause Im going, and that trip is MINE ;)

10. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Fulop are you seriously going to our Gym Challenge?

11. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

aw cool, i didn't even know you were there. I was the guy who was right next to you in your T8 match. I had the Bex-less BAR that went 2nd, due to a craptacular hand @[email protected] Im trying to figure out who everyone here is by what they played. Too bad 5/8 of the T8 decks were BAR, huh?

12. SaNdy-MaN

SaNdy-MaN New Member

hey, any of you guys going to nationals or worlds. OR you guys just don't know yet.(waiting for a free trip?)

13. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner New Member

s0x you should have done better unlucky :(

14. Hero

Hero New Member

Get em next time Jerm !! gj anyway