Porygon Z level X thanks to Pokebeach.com

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by JandPDS, Nov 30, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

IS this card broken or what?? Two powers and no attacks, it of course can access Poryon Z attacks.

1st power - Come into play and discard all of your opponents special energy cards attached to all of their Pokemon

2nd Power. Once during your turn take any two cards out of your deck, shuffle your deck and place those two chosen cards back on top of your deck.

A double smooth over pokemon with a potentially devastating coming into play power, can anyone afford not to run this card in your deck when it is here in our game?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

It's only OK, not great IMO.

3. Jason

Jason New Member

Its alright.... so yeh... Magcargo DX is still better since its stage 1 >>>> stage 3. lol

4. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Point #1 good luck using your Magcargo in this years CC's. Point #2 Porygon Z X gets two smooth overs at once. So from 4 cards in your deck, each turn for one bench space you get the same result that Magcargo needed 4 cards in your deck and two bench spaces to accomplish.

5. Jason

Jason New Member

lol... i know. :p i was just comparing :p

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Porygon Z Lv. X is nice and all, but it's virtually a Stage 3. Unless its lower stages have main-attacker potential, I don't see it being a big time card.

7. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

It is a Porygon you know it can't fight. No this is purely set up. But If you are ahead and you are getting hurt by scrable energy, this could end your opponents comeback ability

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  8. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

That's the Porygon-Z. Adding the level X on top of that and using Lake Boundary or some such seems workable to me.

9. flariados

flariados New Member

It´s good but not really broken. good luck gettting him out with fighting weakness and a stage 3 while other decks are running much faster then you. But I like it and want to try it out.
    Oh and it has 2x weakness to gallade and lucario so that also makes it worser.

10. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

If you didn't have to evolve Lv.X as your active he would be ah-mazing but with the mandatory active thing it is just bad.

11. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

Doesn't Porygon 2 have some thing that lets you use a suporter from your hand as its power? It could help a lot with setting up. Use a Scott, discard one of those with Porygon 2 and get a Celios or something for Porygon Z. Use it again next turn before evolving and you can get Porygon Z LvX out really easily actually.

12. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

Porygon-Z(Lv.X) is BROKEN and is WAYYYYYYYY better than Garchomp Lv.X!!! Good luck winning against this card in a tournament!!!

13. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Please tell me why it is b-r-o-k-e-n. I don't see it.

14. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

It is not too great IMO. Or is it... Does it upgrade his HP, Resistance(s), Weakness(es), and/or Retreat Cost? If all it adds are two one-time-use Poke-Power's I'm not convinced. Especially since the most popular Special Energy Card around is Boost Energy, and that gets discarded anyway!

15. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I agree, Z is a bit of a let-down. Sure, the 2 Poke-Powers/Bodies are nice, but still has no real good attack (if you're forced into using it for attacking) and like its been mentioned, he's essentially a Stage 3.

16. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Can people please stop defining every single card as broken, it's getting annoying.

P-Z is decent.

17. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Neither are broek,but Garchomp can setup any pokemon with three energy from the discard in one turn,thats a little better since that makes Alakazam * more playable.

18. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

it only adds one come into play power.
    the other is a use when ever you want double smooth over. which is GREAT!
    you use its power, put two good cards on the top of your deck then tvr or oaks visit. in a way its a double quick search. very usefull.
    oh and id have to say that DRE is the most played sp. energy. someone has a few of those and scrambles siting on their bench ready to get you, you lv up and discard all of them! also quite usefull.

and the other porygon z is pretty good to if you play it with holon ff and lake boundry.
    then youve got a card with 3 powers, cheap (but flippy) attack, and EVERYTHING is weak to it.
    not too bad in my opinion.

19. lolganium

lolganium New Member

this is one of those good cards that can't actually be played cause nothing will be able to help it out.

and a speed deck with rip this guy in half!

20. Scizor

Scizor New Member

For the love of God it's not double smooth over it's ORACLE. And Mew * lolol, as if you can't just play Boost AFTER you evolve to PZ Lvl X =/ This card is nuts, leave it to Pokegym to say it's mediocre.