Possible Nationals Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by BronxBomber, Jun 13, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BronxBomber

BronxBomber New Member

Here is a rough list of what I'm considering playing for nationals, I havent really had to much time to playtest with it yet, but in the few games i've played with it I like what I've its done

Pokemon(23)

Chimcar (DP) x3
    Monferno (DP) x2
    Infernape (MD) x3
    Infernape lvl X (DP) x1

Torchic (GE) x2
    Combusken (GE) x1
    Blaziken (PK) x2
    Blaziken (GE) x1

Baltoy (GE) x2
    Claydol (GE) x2

Mew * (DF) x1

Tarous (CG) x1

1-0-1 Alakazham

Trainers/Supporters (21)

Celios x4
    TVR x3
    Warp Point x3
    Candy x4
    Windstorm x2
    Roseanne x2
    Night Maintenence x2
    Copycat x1

Energy (16)

DRE x4
    Scramble x2
    Fire x10

I love the options that you have with the Blaziken line, adding the ability to snipe to the deck, both Infernape and Blaziken can be T2other things I might want to do is take out the windstorms (only in there for Crystal Beach, since I play 3 Warp Points to get around Cess) for a Tarous and giving myself more room in the deck to add w/e

lmk what you think, all help is appreciated :thumb:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. crazycarl91

crazycarl91 New Member

you have 5 Blaziken in your list

3. nosada

nosada New Member

dre and scramble for nats ?

4. BronxBomber

BronxBomber New Member

LOL Wow
    thank you
    I'm so stupid xD
    I guess thats what you get when you're working on 4 hrs of sleep... I'll fix it :lol:

5. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

- Mew* - Not needed
    - Warp Point x1

+ Skitty x1
    + Delcatty EX x1

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Why the mew*? If you run it you almost have to run a castform to allow it to abuse your opponent's attacks. I don't see it really being needed in here.

7. BronxBomber

BronxBomber New Member

Mew * is the best tech for mirror match-just fire start one + attack for turn and I can OHKO an Opponents ape - it also helps in Magmortar match-up and anything else fire I may come up against

also, do u think I need the 2 windstorm in here - only playing them for Crystal Beach, but I'm not sure how HUGE of a problem it would be for me after I get set up - I could take the 2 windstorm out and put in a tarous to have one spot left open... what is your opinion??

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  8. crazycarl91

crazycarl91 New Member

this is just me, but the good players will and have noticed that people are playing big benches so they might teck noir again. infernape is best with 2 apes and a balzkin or two so any more pokemon in play could mean candy for noir and pain for u.

9. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Mew * is an okay tech but seriously....how many mirror matches do you really think your really going to run into??

10. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

You won't want to play this deck with all the Empoleon running around

It is a good list don't get me wrong but it isn't good enough to beat the penguin.

11. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Why not swap out the Tauros for a Pachi?

12. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

searchable windstorm

13. Infernape Master

Infernape Master New Member

- All blaz seires
    + Leafeon X seires

14. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

with all the empo running around i dont see high expectations for this deck. Try running a 2-2 electrode for counter, it one hits and it turns into an energy to use on ape.. or a diff 2-2 electric tech.

15. BronxBomber

BronxBomber New Member

^ Which is why this is a possible, nationals deck, I figured I would see a lot of empoleon so not sure if I was gonna run this for sure

anyway, I'm putting in a 1-0-1 Alakazham, the thing is a beast in this deck, and it would stop dusknoir if i have a big bench

updated list

16. ashinto

ashinto New Member

alakazam is a great tech. but i would think that an electrode tech would be great. it's a rainbow nrgy, well sort of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.