Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Nationals Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBomber

Here is a rough list of what I'm considering playing for nationals, I havent really had to much time to playtest with it yet, but in the few games i've played with it I like what I've its done

Pokemon(23)

Chimcar (DP) x3
Monferno (DP) x2
Infernape (MD) x3
Infernape lvl X (DP) x1

Torchic (GE) x2
Combusken (GE) x1
Blaziken (PK) x2
Blaziken (GE) x1

Baltoy (GE) x2
Claydol (GE) x2

Mew * (DF) x1

Tarous (CG) x1

1-0-1 Alakazham

Trainers/Supporters (21)

Celios x4
TVR x3
Warp Point x3
Candy x4
Windstorm x2
Roseanne x2
Night Maintenence x2
Copycat x1

Energy (16)

DRE x4
Scramble x2
Fire x10

I love the options that you have with the Blaziken line, adding the ability to snipe to the deck, both Infernape and Blaziken can be T2other things I might want to do is take out the windstorms (only in there for Crystal Beach, since I play 3 Warp Points to get around Cess) for a Tarous and giving myself more room in the deck to add w/e

lmk what you think, all help is appreciated :thumb:

Last edited:
Why the mew*? If you run it you almost have to run a castform to allow it to abuse your opponent's attacks. I don't see it really being needed in here.

Mew * is the best tech for mirror match-just fire start one + attack for turn and I can OHKO an Opponents ape - it also helps in Magmortar match-up and anything else fire I may come up against

also, do u think I need the 2 windstorm in here - only playing them for Crystal Beach, but I'm not sure how HUGE of a problem it would be for me after I get set up - I could take the 2 windstorm out and put in a tarous to have one spot left open... what is your opinion??

Last edited:
this is just me, but the good players will and have noticed that people are playing big benches so they might teck noir again. infernape is best with 2 apes and a balzkin or two so any more pokemon in play could mean candy for noir and pain for u.

You won't want to play this deck with all the Empoleon running around

It is a good list don't get me wrong but it isn't good enough to beat the penguin.

with all the empo running around i dont see high expectations for this deck. Try running a 2-2 electrode for counter, it one hits and it turns into an energy to use on ape.. or a diff 2-2 electric tech.

^ Which is why this is a possible, nationals deck, I figured I would see a lot of empoleon so not sure if I was gonna run this for sure

anyway, I'm putting in a 1-0-1 Alakazham, the thing is a beast in this deck, and it would stop dusknoir if i have a big bench

updated list

alakazam is a great tech. but i would think that an electrode tech would be great. it's a rainbow nrgy, well sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back