Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Powerless Destruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

The lab doors again creek open only to reveal… well nothing but a floating sheet of paper! As it “floats” across the floor, I notice a brief color change going from spot to spot! This deck gets posted on the board and then just as it quick as the door opened, it closes!”

WHOSE THAT POKEMON?? Rusty Bucket's Kecleon is right!! PM me your address to claim your prize!

Sept 16, 2007

Powerless Destruction!

POKEMON 20

3 Slakoth
2 Vigortoh
3 Slaking PK

3 Magnemite
3 Magneton
2 Magnezone

2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

TRAINERS 25

3 TVR
3 TGW
3 Celio
2 Mentor
3 Castaway
4 Rare Candy
4 Windstorm
1 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance

ENERGY 15

4 Metal
3 DRE
7 Basic Metal
1 Scramble

STRATEGY:

Try to get a Slaking out asap! With Slaking sitting Active, your opponent doesn’t get the benefit of their powers which can slow many decks n the Metagame!! You can either begin powering this Slaking or build one on the bench!

Discarding the Basic Metal, you can then FREE RETREAT to do it every turn as Magnezone’s Body allows this! Delcatty helps the setup with some speed and Magneton PK gets those energy back for you!!

Magnezone is a Great Backup hitter and Magneton is no slouch!

Hope everyone enjoys this one! If posting Fixes, please list what to -/+ and why so other understand what your thinking and why!

Also don’t forget to answer the “Whose that POKEMON?”.. it is just more fun that way!!

Last edited:
Boost just seems to be a great card with Slaking. Especially if you could attach a metal next turn and free retreat to the bench.

I think the Pokémon is Kecleon? :p

Also, you should try putting in some boost to help speed up a Slaking fast.

Maybe take out a Windstorm or a TGW, possibly Rare Candy, 4 seems a little much.

You know, if a deck is POWERLESS that's usually NOT a good thing.

The idea is YOUR OPPONENT is POWERLESS allowing you for the DESTRUCTION of them!

So exactly! If a deck is powerless (your opponent's) it is not a good thing!:thumb:

Rusty Bucket.. great guess! PM me your address to get your prize!

The whole Magnezone thing seems like a waste. You could get free retreat with Holon WP + Psychic, and use the extra room you'd be saving for some sort of energy acceleration. I think Slaking needs it. Didn't people used to play him with firestarter Blaziken? You could do your energies something like this:

8 Fire
2 Holon FF
3 Psychic
3 Holon WP

Or just:

10 Fire
2 Holon FF
4 Boost

and several switch/warp point?

If only Meta DX was still legal...I think that Holon WP/Psychic is the play, especially over Magnezone. Allows you to fit in a 1-1-1/1-0-1 Slaking, a couple starters, etc. Great Ball (in 2's to 4's) is also great in nearly anything now. Might want to try it out.

I have to ask Danny, why the 3-3-2/3-2-2 Magnezone? Why not 2-2-2 or 2-1-2 for space? Just somethin' to think about.

I have to ask Danny, why the 3-3-2/3-2-2 Magnezone? Why not 2-2-2 or 2-1-2 for space? Just somethin' to think about.

3-3-2 allows you to have 1 Magneton Benched getting the Basic Metals Back and 1 Magnezone for the Free Retreat. You really need one of each so 2-1-2 is risky do to Prized Tons since there is only 1 and 2-2-2 is ok, but the consistancy of having 1 of each Benched goes down.:thumb:

Blaziken is a good idea, however, By going with the Zone, you have a reduced weakness (not x2) and a better backup hitter! The Idea is to allow the first King to just sit there and slow them down while you are building one on the bench. DRE and Scramble give it some acceleration! I did consider if all cars Energy Switch, but meh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back