Pre-Nationals Tourney

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by KaMewie, May 25, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

Well, this may or may not supposed to be in this section. It was held by our local league leader, but it's a Pre-Natioanl Tourney so i thought it would make a difference. Well, if it's not in the right section, mods you can move it. Thanks.

I woke up at 9.00 and bathe and changed and stuff until like ten. It starts at 11.00 and my dad came to pick me up at around 10.50. I was freaked and i sent a text to Alex to hold the tourney back for 10 minutes and he was very kind to do so. :smile: When we reached there I quickly ran upstairs and got ready. Here's the list I used:

Pokemon: 12
    4 Houndour
    4 Houndoom
    2 Baltoy
    2 Claydol

Trainers: 31
    3 Master
    3 Dusk
    4 Great
    2 Birch
    2 Celio
    3 Pluspower
    3 Nav
    3 Dex
    3 Night Maintenance
    3 Quick Ball
    1 Warp Point
    1 Switch

Energy: 17
    4 Fire
    2 Darkness Special
    4 Darkness
    4 Multi
    3 Double Rainbow

The list turned out to be very constant and flowing. Even without proper testing, I am very satisfied with my deck choice for the day.

Round 1 vs. Makesh G. w/ Machamp/Sandslash
    This guy turned out to be well, not such a good player. I can't really go into details of this match because it was kind of quick. Tho, this guy is really nice and I just love the way he handles his cards. Seriously, it's much better then how i do. His shuffling, drawing, energy attachment & everything else is so pleasant for the eyes and really nice to see. Nice game dude.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Adrian Ho w/ Gardevoir/Gallade
    He starts off with a ralts. Attaches a call energy and grabs 2 more ralts. I start with all my basic pokemon in play and T2's all of the evolutions, somehow with the dex, nav and balls. You should get it from there on.

2-0

Lunch break, went to KFC for colonel chicken rice combo, extra rice = epic fail. SHAYT!

Round 3 vs Dominic w/ Gardevoir/Gallade
    This game was really long and it reached up to 2 minutes. I can't remember the details. All I remember was the epic ending. 2 minutes left on the clock and prizes are 1/1. He has a gardy X, sentret and doll in play. I have a doom and 2 dolls. His turn. No one realises that he can telepass cause we forgot HAHA, even he did i think. He kept doing his stuff and in the end, he telepassed celio evolve his furret bringdown my doll FTW. Good game.

2-1

Round 4 vs someweirdname w/ Feraligatr d/ Meganium MT/ Meganium d
    Sorry, but since this is a day old i dont remember this game. :/

3-1

Round 5 vs Wei Loon w/Gardevoir/Gallade/Absoll
    He starts with absol, I start with a doom. He attaches and bales my darkness and birch. I get my stuff going and it's his turn. He does his setting up stuff and he bales away a fire energy. I draw get a houndoom and i had a hand full of DREs and 2 Pluspowers. He couldn't recover from there on.

4-1

Top Cut (8th seed onwards)

Game 1 vs somerandomkid w/Feraligatr d/Meganium MT/Meganium d
    I don't remember this much but it was very long and he won.

Game 2 vs somerandomkid w/Feraligatr d/Meganium MT/Meganium d
    He starts with chikorita, attaches and ends. I start with houndour, attaches and ends. He draws, slaps down a Celio, DRE and candy. I took my hands out for a really good game and started laughing. YES I WAS LAUGHING ON HOW I GOT DONKED. HAHA.

Overall I think Houndoom was a really good choice and facing 3 GG/PLOX and winning 2 of them getting close to winning 1, I guess I'm really proud of myself.

Props:
    Wei Jin for crying and lousy SOTG. He's new name Crying_Monkey.
    Wei Jin cause he's a really good friend borrowing me 2 darkness.
    Alex for an awesome tourney.

Slops:
    Wei Jin cause he's supposed to be in everyone's slops.
    Wasting 2 bucks rice which i didn't eat.
    Buying a box with only 1 emp and dactyl in it. :/

THE END. :D

2. Jason

Jason New Member

gj Fabian. and you forgot one person in your slops, and that's Aaron for not senidng you the 3 Empos. :p

3. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

that's going to be in nationals. I found me 3 emps already. lucky for him.

4. Blazing_Monkey

Blazing_Monkey New Member

1 from box, and 2 from?

5. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

1 box 1 packs 1 borrow.