Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Price/Valuation help please

Kvitty

Hey,

I used to collect these cards years ago when I was a kid and know I've got some rare cards but also some full sets and would like to know the prices of them all.
Here's a link to the pictures of all the cards, the quality isn't very good (silly ipod 4th gen needs better camera!) but it's good enough to see they're all in perfect condition and hopefully be able to tell which card is which etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69722113@N07/

Some sets are incomplete as I had grown bored of collecting them.
Incomplete sets :
English Gym set
1st japanese neo set
English team rocket set (Holographical Dark Machamp is the only card missing from this set as it got stolen, alot of this set is also 1st edition, Dark Gyarados Holo is also a prerelease stamp, also has error printed dark raichu)

Complete sets:

English Base set (Machamp Holo is 1st edition)
English Jungle set
English Fossel set (Aerodactyl Holo is 1st edition prerelease stamped, Half of the non holo's are also first edition)

Other cards not belonging to any set:
Multilanguage pikachus (Birthday pikachu, fliegendes pikachu, pikachu surfeur, yellow cheek japanese pikachu, there's more which're shown on one of the pictures in the link above)

Pokemon the first movie promos (Electabuzz, mewtwo, pikachu and dragonite)

Venusaur holographical promo (I was told this was a american only release card if my memory serves mr right)

Jigglypuff and mew promo none holographicals, also the same mew promo in holographical form.
Holographical Eevee promo and Computer Error promo card.
Some form of holographical aztec mew card.
Moltres Articuno and Zapdos promo cards

Various other aztek type promos (picture is included in the link above)

wartortole W stamped with a 2 stamp in bottom right with a pokeball through it?

A japanese black crow with black energy card (comes with japanese full program booklet)

Numerous holographical swaps from all sets previously mentioned including a 1st edition dark raichu error card

If you need any clarification from ANY of the pictures, whether you can't see if some cards are first editions or want any close up pictures of any of the promos there then I'll be happy to retake some pictures.

Any help with a valuation of the cards and where I could sell these for a good price is very much obliged

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks

---------- Post added 11/12/2011 at 08:06 PM ----------

Also I'm from the UK so any prices could you please put in Pound Sterling please.

Some of the japanese promos are from the CoroCoro set if that helps?

most cards like the commons and rares is worth little, it probably be under $1.

Dark Raichu - $5-$10
Dark Raichu 1st Edition - $20 you may get more for it.

I am not sure on those Rocket cards like the Hitmonchan and Moltres though, they could bring $3-$4

if I were to appraise everything for ebay selling.

I would put it on $350.00 starting bid.

Yeah most likely Ebay.

I think their is some decently rare cards in that collection but at the same time they are quite cheap, like what rare cards I obtained was first 3 years of the game and now they are valued pretty low and easier to buy than say 2000 or 2001.

I get what you mean mate, if you had to value the whole collection in pound sterling what would you say?

I think it's closer to £200 nowadays.
Would you recommend selling all in 1 set or shall I list certain cards individually?

What i would do is list Base, Fossil, and Jungle sets separately.

Then list everything else individually.

might take some time to do, but I believe it may pay out more in the end.

It's hard to give an accurate value, because UK buyers generally pay more for cards from UK sellers.

However, I would agree that selling the Base / Fossil / Jungle sets as three lots makes sense.

Dollar to GBP is about $1.60 = 1.00 GBP.

$350 isn't a reasonable expectation to get out of what you have described. $80 for base set, about 50 each for Jungle and Fossil. The incomplete sets are so fragmented there is little value there, though you may do ok parting out some of the singles. The promos are all fairly common and have little demand.

The 'Aztek" Mew is Ancient Mew and depending on what it says on the copyright line could have some value (what exactly does it say?).

What are you referring to as "Various other aztek type promos"?

The promos could bring some money though if sold separately.

I would of guessed the complete sets if mint could fetch more than that on ebay, Base set I would of thought would fetch over a $100 more close to $120.

Jungle and Fossil both hitting $75 mark.

The Dark Raichu 1st edition if Mint is $25 right there possibly.

that Base set was a buy it now. I would imagine it could have gone for more if it had finished as an auction. The shadowless Charizard alone would probably be valued around $25-30

wish I would of saw that auction, $65 is a steal, also remember the seller had 3 feedback.

feedback seems to matter so much on pricing to.

I am amazed though the Dark Raichu ended at $5

Feel free to search the completed listings. There's no reason to be surprised. The Base set sells in that ballpark routinely. Not exactly a steal tbh. Same with the Dark Raichus. But don't take my word for it; research it for yourself.

Well I just purchased a complete Unlimited Base Set, plus 20 Shadowless Base cards (6 of which were holo, 1 was a rare) for $155 shipped if that helps anyone out.

Back