Problem on POP Rankings page

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by TheAnswer3, Apr 24, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Well i registered to view rankings on Thursday, and still havent got an email containing my password, actually had to ask someone to find out that i was 5th Globally! But, has anyone else had this issue? Also any advice on what i should do.

Thanks
    tA

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

You'd best check your spam folder. That's where mine was... :eek:

3. XxShininG_CeLebIxX

XxShininG_CeLebIxX New Member

How long does the email take to get sent to you?

I haven't recieved mine either and I use Hotmail and my Junk mail folder cleans itself out after 7 days...and I don't think that it was 7 days ago that I signed up for My Pokémon.

4. nikePK

nikePK New Member

i haven't gotten mine either, and I'm pretty sure I don't have a 'spam' folder with mine. Mudkip I think said his took a day to reach him, but I've waited over a day for mine and I've still not gotten an email either.

TA, the global rank you have right now is just of the people signed up for MY POKEMON, so it may not actually be 5th in reality... though I think that everyone has to sign up for My Pokemon in order to get a trip to worlds and other prizes... which is weird.

5. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

NikePK, right just the people who signed up. But it worries me that so many people STILL havent recieved the email, maybe we have to wait till Monday/Next Business day to get them.

I dunno=/
    tA

6. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

The ratings also seem to have a problem. My son's rating dropped from 1979 to 1804 after the new system went up.

7. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Perhaps the 1979 was the incorrect rating, and the 1804 is the correct one, not vice-versa.

If the original version of the ranking system was so flawed (and had problematic 'results' entered into it :rolleyes: so it had to be redone) perhaps the 'new' rating is the one that's more accurate?

'mom

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  8. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

I havent recieved mine either

9. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

I received mine minutes after requesting it...

10. ultimate_healer

ultimate_healer New Member

your password is the password on your POP card. Just put in your username and then your password on your POP card and you are logged in. Very simple.

11. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

yah, maybe.

Just another something I noticed. My first round bye at States showed up as a win for some reason. Unusual!

Plus, I think in the past, somehow the ratings got mixed together. For example, I remember my Modified rating going up after playing an Unlimited tournament. Hopefully, that's been fixed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  12. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

What if i forgot what my username was?

13. ultimate_healer

ultimate_healer New Member

go to the part where you can get your password and give them your email address and they will send it to you i believe. Either that, or make a new name.

14. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

Actually I believe they already need to have your email address inorder for them to send you your password and username that way. I tried getting my password that way but it said that they didn't have my email and couldn't send it to me. I've emailed Nintendo yesterday so i could get my password but they haven't sent it to me yet.

15. XxShininG_CeLebIxX

XxShininG_CeLebIxX New Member

I finally got mine....kind of.
    What I did is click "Forgot Password" and then they said that an email has been sent to you with your login information and then you should get it instantly and it wasn't in my Junk folder either.
    So I wonder what happened to the original email...oh, well!

:D

16. cool-dude32

cool-dude32 New Member

i haven't got my username and password in my email inbox or bulk box or any of my box. I send the ppl at pokemon-tcg.com a email but i haven't recieve a email back yet. I think it have been like 3 or 4 day already.

17. Master_Prof_Juggie

Master_Prof_Juggie New Member

Giday

I too never & still don't have the orginal email.

If you don't get the email ... just do what was already suggested ... Click "Lost Password"

You will get it almost immediately.

The other way is also do what was suggested ... User Name & your POP password.

Thats how i got in

18. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

A number of people have noticed that there rankings have changed under the new system. I believe this is a result of the way the various types of tournaments are now factored in. It may also be the result of some database cleanup, removing some old results for various reasons. I think the main reason is the new ranking formula though. If I remember correctly, the old system seemed to be based mostly on Modified, but I think the new system factors in all forms of play with some sort of weighting factors.

BDS

19. paso_1

paso_1 New Member

I believe it will continue to change until everyone signs up an agrees to participate in the ranking system. Until then it you will not show up or be caculated in. But you may still have problems as I am I have signed up an had 2 POP ID's so it comb. then together but it does not show mine any where. I also have the problem with my sons when I try to sign him up it states that email address is already in their database so if I cannot remember my login name or password even though it is a differnt POP ID it sends my info. Ahugggg!!!!

20. Professor Dav

Professor Dav Master Trainer

There was an emailing error on the launch date with our server. A notice regarding this will be posted this week, but all you need to do is go to the site, click 'sign up' at the top of the page, and use the "lost password" function there and enter your email address.

Your password will be sent to you via email.

If you continue to have difficulties, contact us at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Prof. Dav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.