Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prof Cup 2011, B&W Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarmakuizz

Hello,

The French OP Communicator has just announced some infos on a French forum :
rampardos said:
* When the B&W set will be released in the US, B&W rules will apply.
* The Prof Cup 2011 [information removed]
I will give you more informations about the B&W rules, the Prof Cup and the French National Championship later.
So B&W rules are coming in France.

Last edited:
Well, they darn well had better do a mid-season rotation, then, or. . . well, I don't like to think about what would happen to the game if they didn't.

because Gengar Prime and Lost World has so completely destroyed the game how people that it would, too.

sabledonk FTW :p
if they don't rotate to at LEAST HGSS on this game is screwed, yes they need to get rid of uxie but Garchomp needs to go two and in arceus they're e-belt......... i don't like this...

because Gengar Prime and Lost World has so completely destroyed the game how people that it would, too.
Are you saying you don't think the game would be worse off if the BW rules are implemented without a rotation? In particular, the Rare Candy nerf makes any Stage 2 decks essentially unplayable, and solidifies SP's complete dominance. The going first rule also makes Sableye VERY good. I can see Sableye donk decks doing very well, although not completely game ruining.

Really, it would be a horrible idea to not rotate. I feel this is quite a bit different than the Lostgar hype.

I'm not saying the format won't be worse, I'm saying...the game will continue to go on and I think the problem won't be as worse as people are making it out to be.

Saying stage 2 decks without being able to RC in the same turn are "unplayable" is a large overstatement.

What I'm saying is...Wait and see what happens.

Why Uxie donk, Sableye donk will be better Expert Belt and Pokemon Collector for three crobats on turn one and a Poketurn. 100 damage on T1 for a regular dark energy. You can T1 donk a Regigigas now.

checking the French Forum it says that the announcement is due on Sunday and the OP has removed the details on the date of the prof cup. Doesn't mean the information is wrong just maybe a little premature.

Thank, Thank god B&W is released AFTER our Nats. Wouldn't have known what to do then. Rules at this point are pure bad, Considering the speed of the format. Still hope there isn't a mid-season rotation, got no deck if there is one.

I hope RR-on is the next format.

Last edited:
Thank, Thank god B&W is released AFTER our Nats. Wouldn't have known what to do then. Rules at this point are pure bad, Considering the speed of the format. Still hope there isn't a mid-season rotation, got no deck if there is one.

I hope RR-on is next format.

There's no way you have Nats before may :p

^The Finnish Nationals are held on the 7th of May.
No Black&White cards will be allowed, and I agree with Bloodbane - thank goodness they aren´t (of course, the rules to go with this)!

I´m split on the rotation, because I´m afraid donk decks would sweep Worlds. Spiritomb? You start Sableye, use a Collector, search for Crobat, possibly Unown DARK if you need to and boom, one prize ahead or the game won.
However, what happens if there is a rotation? It could get quite chaotic

No rotation would mean... not the healthiest scenario for the game, a rotation would mean interesting times.

If it is happening in France it is happening to the rest of the Pokemon Community as well. Let's hope for a rotation as Sabledonk will be the worst thing since Sneasel and the miss translated Slowking back in Neo Genesis days.

I love it, with the rule change they basically have to do a rotation IMO. Lets hope for an announcement for something like that :)

Why Uxie donk, Sableye donk will be better Expert Belt and Pokemon Collector for three crobats on turn one and a Poketurn. 100 damage on T1 for a regular dark energy. You can T1 donk a Regigigas now.

Number of hands in which you start Sableye + Belt + Collector + Turn = ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back