Professor Program: Where'd it go to?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GymLeaderPhil, Dec 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Not to complain, but little has been done or said about the Program as of late. The POP website intended the Professor Program to start this Fall and it looks like that commitment will not be met. The listing for all of the current Professors is no longer listed, instead it is "temporarily down". I can no longer log into my Professor Profile.

Did Wizards of the Coast include this program in their lawsuit? Is the webteam also removing and reconstructing the professors accounts like they are doing with the player profiles? Have those who sent in questions recieved their product? Is the removal of the Professor List to avoid names being randomly selected and posted on the City Championship Application? When will the questions end?

Dunno, I just expected a faster transition since MANY people are asking us how to apply to become a Professor, aside from the fact that current Professors arent receiving anything but a fancy title.
    -Phil

2. marril2k

marril2k Member

I noticed that too. The fact that neither the SandStorm or Dragon prerelease events never asked for a judges list (with/without POPID numbers) kinda made me wonder if POP cared about the professors judging those events. I was glad to see they where asking for professors on the City Championship form though ^^

I submitted 50-something questions... no swag yet, but I immagin that they did get a lot of questions to sort though. I was going to use the packs as holiday gifts for league players, but if its not here in time, no worries :)

-marril

3. farbsman

farbsman New Member

What packs?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  4. Baboon

Baboon New Member

It's hard to say what's going on. This may be a case of "Let's just not mention it for a while and see if they forget about it", could be "We don't know what's going on yet", or could be "There's other more important things to do for the moment". I'd guess it's a combination of the second and third things.

And, as far as the Professor test questions, I don't believe anyone got their boosters yet. At this rate, if they're even going to hold their promise and give packs, they may as well give Dragon ones... They originally announced Sandstorm ones, but it's getting later in the year now...

We should just have someone from Nintendo come and let us know what's going on already. Communications from both WotC and Nintendo have not been good since Spring '03 or so, and it's really making some tension. If anyone has some real answers, please, let us know already... It's been a long time since we've gotten straight accurate information...

5. old man

old man New Member

GymLeaderPhil posted - "The listing for all of the current Professors is no longer listed, instead it is "temporarily down". I can no longer log into my Professor Profile."

I tried just awhile ago & the professor list is still down. It may have been taken down because of all the complaints of the e-mail addresses were posted.
    I was also able to log into my professor profile & make changes. It's either fixed now or was just a glitch earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.