Proffesor Test

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GOROY, Feb 2, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOROY

GOROY New Member

What ever happened to the pokemon test questions?

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

My impression is that PUI is kinda understaffed and hasn't gotten to it yet.

3. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  4. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Yes,they are working on it.Just don`t know any details.We just have to have patience my friends.:)

Oh,and as Yoshi said,they are understaffed.You thought MTM had it rough in the final months,oh boy...

`Sensei

5. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Sorry there is too much understanding and not enough action guys.. they maybe understaffed yes, they maybe under pressure yes .. aren't we all yet they are not talking, not sharing and certainly not delivering.

Too long have we heard we are busy, later, come back soon ... heck the professor site has said check back again soon for more info for 4 months!

Stop wasting time and do one of the outstanding things, then the next, then the next... delivery not spin the time has come!

6. Sensei

`Pro,why don`t you do 4 things at once?Can`t do it,huh?Thats basically summing up how it is.They have to drop one thing in order to do another.I agree with you that they need to get the things out in a more timely manner and I also agree that I don`t like that they can`t get things out more quickly,but get off their case a little.Sheesh.Remember MTM and how busy he was?You gave him a break...give these guys a break too_One of the reasons Dave no longer comes here hardly...

Not yelling,just trying to instill some patience guys.It should be out soon enough.

`Sensei

7. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Hmmm, Professor test, or city and state championships to get this game moving in the right direction again...

Professor Test, or pre-release to put out yet another elite set....

Professor Test or get the bugs worked out of their software for tourneys.....

Professor Test, or getting set for Gym Challenges, Stadium Challenges, Nationals and Worlds....

Boy, I am glad THEY have their priorities in line for what we want to see done.

Professors should just sit back, enjoy, and help where you can, or enjoy playing in the 15+ division.

Pokelife is way too good, with a bright outlook for the year...I can wait for Professor stuff..

M45

8. Michel

Michel New Member

Meganium45

Talking about priorities, I'm really tempted to change, in your post, the words 'Professor test' by the words 'POP in Europe'. :lol:

I would also change 'for what we want to see done' by 'for things we don't see at all'

And finally 'Professors should just sit back, enjoy, and help where you can, or enjoy playing in the 15+ division' by 'Professors and players are just sitting back, waiting, and looking at other people enjoying playing in 3 age divisions'

But I will not do it :nonono: I don't want to turn this post about Prof test topic into a new European whining topic. ;)

Sure THEY have priorities :rolleyes:

Understaffed ? :eek: So Nintendo don't give PUI the staff needed to promote their products ?
    I remember that I've read that now that the owner of the game will be completely in charge of it, things will go better than before :confused:

Sure Sensei, we gave MTM a break, but we all knew how hard he was working for us, how hard he was trying to keep his promises, how difficult things were sometimes for him because of Hasbro or TPC. We had also seen so many times the great things the MT's had done for the game and the players.
    The situation is completely different now.
    We give PUI a break since last June or July ... and we're still waiting for things that had to happen last summer or autumn.

This said, I do completely agree on the idea that what Meganium45 mentions is far more important than Prof tests. He's talking about 'the game for everybody', and THAT's the most important.

9. Sensei

Sure Sensei, we gave MTM a break, but we all knew how hard he was working for us, how hard he was trying to keep his promises, how difficult things were sometimes for him because of Hasbro or TPC.

So,what are the new MT`s doing?Just sitting around playing Yu-Gi-Oh? :lol: :D

j/k my friend.Believe me when I say they are working very hard and they are short staffed.I know you guys have been waiting,just like all the other professors, but the above is the very essence as to why.They have too many things to do with too few people just like MTM did in the past.Getting back to the original intent of the thread,it`s like I stated above.We need to have patience,more patience,when otherwise we wouldn`t have it.They are working on it and will eventually be out.

`Sensei

10. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Look an awful lot of the above should be business as usual by now and none of that is really growing the game.. especially outside the us.

And what about getting the bugs out of that Tourney software I haven't seen any evidence of delivery on that either.

Gym Challenges great but pardon me aren't we nearly overloading the player base with bigger events now? Clashes with Pre-releases and City Championships and complaints that TOs and Judges don't know the game in some places, Tourney software that doesn't work and a world championship that will be anything but unless something changes soon!

All I am saying is you are still cutting PUI an awful lot of slack and they are continuing to not deliver and not communicate.

Now if theay want to give timeframes for what they are doing and tell us what is happening that would ease some of my concerns but they do not. Instead for MONTHS not weeks not days FOR MONTHS the website keeps sending the same message.. nothing for the professors for surely you must have just about given up going there now? I mean no list of active professors, no way to join and no communication on the future.

My guess is PUI have no idea what they are doing with the professors at the moment and are smokescreening behind too busy and the spin on what they are managing to deliver .. Tournaments.. but hang on most of the work there is done by the TO so ask again what are they doing that is taking so long?

So far what is taking so long is FAILURE... failure to grow the game outside the US, failure to involve those who would and do support leagues, tournaments and players accross the worlds and a failure to deliver the tools to those people. And don't mention the awful website!

The lack of action on the professor programme is just one in a series of failure to act :( go to the following site for more delay:

http://www.pokemon-tcg.com

11. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

"And what about getting the bugs out of that Tourney software I haven't seen any evidence of delivery on that either."

Keep in mind that they distribute to software, but someone else programs it.

"Clashes with Pre-releases and City Championships"

This occoured because some people weren't paying attention when dates for CCs got submitted.

"All I am saying is you are still cutting PUI an awful lot of slack and they are continuing to not deliver and not communicate."

PUI has had control of this game for less than a year. I highly doubt you'll find any TCG company that had a game up 100% within that time of the company's inception. And to be quite honest, I can see why they aren't communicating.

"Now if theay want to give timeframes for what they are doing and tell us what is happening that would ease some of my concerns but they do not."

Probably because these days it's hard to establish a steadfast timeline for product releases.

"My guess is PUI have no idea what they are doing with the professors at the moment and are smokescreening behind too busy and the spin on what they are managing to deliver .. "

This is known as poisoning the well. Unless you can substantiate it further, it is a logical fallacy.

However, back on the topic, I suspect that the professor test will make it onto the site later this year. For now, PUI is content with the current number of professors. The Professor test would probably be a higher priority if fewer professors had been grandfathered

12. GreatFox

GreatFox New Member

And you can blame COPPA as well. Since they are relatively new to the whole OP thing, COPPA and privicy laws are a lot more harder on them. They have to figure out the best way to make everyone happy, even the Government.

13. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I say give Nintendo some slack. But at the same time push them to work harder. I mean, sure we are having these events and stuff, but I believe Nintendo could do better.

14. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

The importance of the Professor Test should not be underestimated. In fact, all judges should be required to pass the test in order to officiate at sanctioned events. I have been to several Premier Events where the judging was simply appalling, and that’s putting it mildly. I saw a boy in tears lose in the semi-finals of a sanctioned tournament because the judge did not know the difference between “doing damage” and “placing damage counters” (and the judge did not listen to three Professors that tried to help clarify the situation). I’ve seen rampant and obvious cheating that was brought to the judge’s attention and simply ignored. Because of the shameful judging, many of the players I spoke to after these tournaments said they were no longer going to go to tournaments at this site; and the parents who watched these tournaments were equally disgusted.

We need the Professor Test, or some sort of Judge Certification process whereby the players can be insured that the officiating at events will be fair. This is particularly important if rankings will be used to: invite players to premier events, provide byes to players in upcoming tournaments, or to determine prizes. If officiating is not fair and sanctioned event results are to be reported, then something must be done about the judging situation much sooner than “sometime later this year”! Rankings aside, what does it say about the game if cheating is permitted and judges don’t know the basic rules?

That being said, I believe the vast majority of current judges are doing a good job and are knowledgeable. I apologize to any judge who may be offended by this, knowing that judges are for the most part volunteering their time and giving up their opportunities to play in order to permit others to enjoy the game.

Respectfully,

A Current Judge and Professor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  15. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

well have they gotten the tests back up to where you can take them im 16 and there are very few to no professor's in my area and im needed if were going to get any leagues and tournaments going we currently have none in our state of arkansas =/

16. Mewstar

Mewstar New Member

Everything that everyone said is true,they have to give priorities to other things but at least you guys have tournaments.,the league and other things.Here in Puerto Rico is way different,the only place that there is pokemon league is very far for me and my friends,also they haven't got any kits since the new pokemon league started.I love pokemon and I am doing what I can to finally get a league running here so me and my friends can play,that is why I would like that they finally put the professor test online.

17. I need a way to get my professor info sent back to me i havent been able to log in for a while. how do i get my professor id and password sent back to me??
    Can someone help me pleaseeeee

18. Got ina nd everything's ok. Thanks everyone :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.