Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Psycho-Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogou

So I pulled one of the Lugias from one of the more recent sets, and thought that I'd try to base a deck around it's second attack that does 120 if there are no energies attatched to the defending pokemon. Most of the pokemon in the deck have an attack that somehow relates to screwing around with the opponent's energy source. This is what I've come up with, and it's successfully driven kids mad.

:psychic: Psycho-Drain :psychic:

1 Lugia [SW]
1 Snubbull [GE]
1 Granbull [Skyridge]
2 Glameow [GE]
2 Purugly [GE]
1 Girafarig [MT]

1 Mewtwo [MD]
1 Mewtwo [Old Legendary Set; the one with Energy Control]
1 Mew [SW]
1 Misdreavus [DP]
2 Chingling [MT]
2 Chimecho [MT]
2 Slowking [GE]
1 Slowpoke [Can't tell what the set is, old though; Attacks are Amnesia and Tail Strike]
1 Natu [SW]
1 Xatu [Skyridge]
1 Duskull [SW]
1 Dusclops [No idea what set, Attacks are Dark Mind and Mysterious Light]
2 Ekans [GE]
2 Arbok [GE]

1 Slowpoke [GE]

4 Energy Removal [Base 2]
3 Energy Removal 2
1 Super Energy Removal [Base Set]
2 Gust of Wind [Base Set]
1 Switch
2 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Phoebe's Stadium

18 :psychic: Energy

As previously stated, the point of this deck was to depleat the energy source of the opponent and keep them from powering up anything so that when Lugia got out, it could easily take out anything in 1-2 turns flat. The Gust of Winds and Switch are to fool around with the set up so you can hit something that has no energy with Lugia when ready, and the Chimecho's help by getting you three cards a turn if evolved from Chingling. Girafarig helps get your trainers stocked and ready.

omg, way to many pokemon lines.... come on 14 trainers? 1 dusknoir. take out like 10 pokemon for more search and draw trainers. also some special energies like dres and scrambels and call wouldnt be too bad.

Yes, too many pokemon lines.

I can't really tell what pokemon you're focusing on...just pick 4 different pokemon lines, tell them to us, and we'll tell you how to make it...

i think u should try to focus more un cards today. some cards back then werent as good and now they are improved.

Yes, too many pokemon lines.

I can't really tell what pokemon you're focusing on...just pick 4 different pokemon lines, tell them to us, and we'll tell you how to make it...

Alright, most of you probably are right in saying there are a bit too many pokemon lines. At the time I was making it, I just took anything that had an attack doing something with screwing up the energy flow. Reassessing the deck is probably in order.

I've taken out the Duskull, Dusclops, Xatu, Mewtwo [Legendary Set], Slowpokes and Slowkings, Misdreavus, and the Snubbell and Granbull as well as add in another Switch.

I was thinking of adding more of the Natus [SW] so that using the Future Sight can control when the energy starts to show up. Good idea? Bad idea? :confused:

As far as more trainers, what's reccomended for a deck like this? Drawing cards? Control cards?

I'm also debating on which to take out: the Mew [SW] or the Mewtwo [MD]? I'd like to keep one of them in there so there's a powerful back up card for if Lugia is taken out, but I'm not sure which one would be better to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back