PsyShock - My Counter To empoleon And GG

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by The Machampion, Jun 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Machampion

The Machampion New Member

Hey Guys, I Havent Written A Thread For Weeks, So I decided That I'de Test Around With A Few Nice Cards I Liked And After A Fair Bit Of Tweaking This Deck is Allright and Can Be Played.

Pokemon - 23

4-2-4 Gengar DP
    2-2 Cresselia LV-X
    2-1-2 Ampharos
    2-2 Clayol

Trainers -21

4 Rare Candy
    3 Warp Point
    4 Bebes Research
    3 Roseannes Research
    3 Stevens
    2Wager
    2 Night Maintanence
    1 Moonlight

Energy - 16

4 Call
    1 Scramble
    3 Lightining
    7 Psychic

Stratergy:

As You Can See This List Is Fairly Complex. And Its Not Easy To Play. Its Complexity Makes It so That every Energy Attachment can Make Or Break The Game. Thats How Good Counters Should Be Played. In Skillfull Hands. I Also Run Thsi deck Around A Qoute To Something Along The Tune Of This" Its The Correct Moves That Win Games, Not The Gambles". And So With This In Game Mentality This Deck Really wins For Itself.

The Starts Are Quite Simple Your Aiming For A Turn 2 Gengar And A Claydol And Cresselia And A Ampahros emerging. You want To Have them Down to ten and then warp them so its on the bench. This Lokcs Them from Using Powers Or Sniping becuase if a cresselia is ready You Can Move a Damage Counter To Them And Get The Ko From An Attack. You Want To Carry On Disciplined Attack Whilst Partially Sniping And Setting Youreslf Up For Those Easy 2 Prizes A Hit with Cresselia. Theres Much More Of A Stratergy Than This And I Dont Really Have The Time To Go Into Detail But Its Much More Advanced Than That.

I Need To Focus on Gettting Better Starts. I dont Like The Fact That I Have Empty Benches Quite A Lot. i Need to Make This Deck Faster A Bit Aswell, So Can Someone Help

Thanks In advanced.

2. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

Run beach thats the best counter rite now.,

3. tglilly

tglilly New Member

I was thinking maby putting in pachirisu to help get your pokemon out...

4. Rashad

Rashad New Member

i would take out the amphy for bronzong to or aerodactyl

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

First, Please Quit Capitalizing Every Word, It's Annoying...

Second, you mention locking powers down, but there is nothing in your list that prevents power usage at all. You also seem to be relying on a flip based attack to do anything in the deck, since you really have nothing in the deck to swap active spots with Gengar if you are able to power up it's non flip based attack. Building a deck that is dependent on getting lucky and flipping heads to get rid of high HP attackers is not a sound strategy. Gengar's first attack is OK to use if you're desperate, but the second attack and moving it onto your bench is by far the best attack it has. With only a single Moonlight and a few Warp Point, you won't be able to consistently switch your Gengar back into the active spot to drop more damage counters however you want. Cards that could be used to help that strategy out would be Unown Q, Smoochum + Jynx d, more Moonlight or Phoebe's Stadium, Warp Energy, or Holon WP energy. I'm also not sold on Ampharos countering Empoleon unless you use Lake Boundary in addition to OHKO them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.