Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pull Rates for Plasma Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanthePokeMan

Hello all,

I don't know if there is a thread already made for the pull rates of Plasma Blast but I thought I would start one.

At the prerelease I went to today, out of 14 players only 3-4 EXs were pulled, 2 SRs, and 2-3 Ace Specs. I am very troubled by this. It seems that there is not a lot of distribution of EXs in the booster boxes. To prove my point even more, here's what I got in my booster box:

• Kyurem EX
  • FA Iris
  • G Booster
  • G Scope

In regards to rares, I got multiples of some (2-3 Volcaronas, 2-3 Machamps (of both varieties), etc.). I did get quite a few good trainers: 2 Catchers, 3 Rare Candies, 4 Ultra Balls, 4 Juniper, and a bunch of the others.

I'm curious as to what everyone else gets.

Pull rates for the past couple sets have been super up and down, like last set i had a box where i got 5 ex's and another where i only got 2, i'm very frightened that a box with just one ex was put into circulation though

One box at ours had Jirachi FA EX, Iris FA, Dialga EX <-all those one guy) , Virizion EX (mine), Genesect EX, and one ACE spec idk.

Phenomenal Pull Rates so far..

2 pre-releases I participated in.. everyone was pulling gold, just wonderful stuff.

1st pre for me; Genesect EX, Iris FA, Virizion FA, Ultra Ball, Catcher, Junipers, Bangles, etc.

2nd pre; Genesect EX, FA Iris, FA Jirachi, Junipers, Mirrors, Bangles, etc.

a lot of great uncommmons, etc in this set also.. it shouldn't get much hate.

People were pulling SRs all day, and Dialga and Palkia were all over the place as well.

Of course, everyone.. and I mean everyone kept asking each other if they wanted to trade their Gene/Virizion, but oh well. That's for a different thread.

I saw every SR, but SR Rare Candy once. Man.. so many kids got ripped off today lol.

Guess we got the opposite set of boxes - very few people were pulling anything at our prerelease today (i'm curious how you attended 2 since they just started today). But those that did pull stuff pulled multiples! 4-5 people got absolutely nothing. The rest got 2 EXes. Or EX and Shining. Even 1 pulled 3 EXes!

Guess we got the opposite set of boxes - very few people were pulling anything at our prerelease today (i'm curious how you attended 2 since they just started today). But those that did pull stuff pulled multiples! 4-5 people got absolutely nothing. The rest got 2 EXes. Or EX and Shining. Even 1 pulled 3 EXes!

One in the morning at 11:00, and another at 4:00 pm later that day relatively close to the first event. I was going to go to two, but opted to go to one and do a draft afterwards for a chance at more packs and didn't have the time to get to the other :(. There are still a few others though coming up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. I agree with what was posted. It did seem like the same people were the only lucky ones. But te event was just flooded with riches. Either way.

I felt bad for my table of 6, as both times I was the only one who was handed the good 6 pack. Except for the odd pack from 1 player that got either an Ace Spec or a shiny (Dusknoir)

Btw. I went to one location, prerelease at 9am, then again at 1pm. Typical pre release times.

I skipped the $15 draft, too many quality uncommons etc that I wouldn't want to pass off.

Out of one box:

Virizion EX
Genesect EX
FA Iris
Master Ball

All on the left side. The best card on the right side was a reverse Candy. :0

This prerelease seemed really uneven. A bunch of players got absolutely nothing, and a bunch more got 3 URs in their first 6 packs.

Out of one box:

Virizion EX
Genesect EX
FA Iris
Master Ball

All on the left side. The best card on the right side was a reverse Candy. :0

This prerelease seemed really uneven. A bunch of players got absolutely nothing, and a bunch more got 3 URs in their first 6 packs.

Hmmm, interesting. All of my good pulls were on the left side too.

In my group of three:
Flight one:
Scoop Up Cyclone
Master Ball
G Scope
Virizion EX
FA Iris

Flight 2:
Virizion EX Fa
Dialga EX
Palkia EX FA
Genesect EX

So yeah. Good pulls all around.

Opened a box.

4 Catcher
1 Reverse Halo Catcher
Genesect EX Full Art
Genesect EX
Dialga EX
G Scope
IRIS Full Art
Palkia EX

1 Box:

FA Iris
Master Ball
G-Booster
Jirachi EX
2 Catchers

The first four were ALL on the right side--which is very odd to me.

Played in two prereleases and only got a G-Booster.

I participated in opening 2 boxes

Box 1:
Virizion EX
Genesect EX
Dialga EX
Virizion EX FA
Jirachi EX FA
Palkia EX FA
Scoop Up Cyclone

Box 2:
Palkia EX
Palkia EX FA
Master Ball
Shiny Dusknoir

Very uneven pulls. In the first box, one set of 6 packs had FA Virizion, FA Jirachi and Dialga. In the second box, my 6 packs had the Palkia EX and Shiny Dusknoir.

Also, 2 Catcher were pulled in each box.

So I guess I'm not buying this set either. What is up with these inconstant boxes. they need to go back to pull ratios so they are worth buying again.

So I guess I'm not buying this set either. What is up with these inconstant boxes. they need to go back to pull ratios so they are worth buying again.

Not that this is TCPi's fault, but the UltraPro set portfolios not being released for at least a month after the set now, leaving me with a bunch of cards in their packs hanging around everywhere, kind of sours me on bothering to collect them as well.

I think you best bet to determine what the ratios will be to shell out money would be for a case (6 boxes)

btw, is $85 a box worth it for plasma blast? with the current inconsistency's? im very curious now

just food for thought.

Last edited:
all booster boxes should have 4 normal ex, 2-3 full arts and 2 ace specs. they would be worth the price at that point but buy a box with 1 ex in it is inexcusable.

I fell another change petition coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back