Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

question about Nationals

BloodDraek

I have been playing Pokemon for a year and didn't go to Nats last year because I was a noob. However I'm thinking of going to nats this year with my Birthday money

My question is to the people that have gone to nats before, around how much does it cost to drive to Ohio to and from and 2 nights at a hotel.

Thanx in advance

Depends on where you plan to stay. Hotel prices range a lot in Cbus. Parking too. You can park as cheaply as 7.00 per day at the convention, but you may have a bit of walking to do!

And don't forget to factor in the cost of your Origins badge and food and all that stuff you will want to buy.

you'd better book this now. I don't think there are any hotels within walking distance with rooms anymore. If you go to the originns website, they should have the close hotels listed, or you can google the hotels/columbus/convention center and you will find them. I know the hampton, hilton, drury, crowne plaza are all booked. The courtyard is about 2 block away and about 120 a night.
If you don't mind driving and parking, the airport hotels are cheaper and will mostlikely have rooms. But I wouldn't wait any longer.

Also a thought, there's always other hotels in and around Columbus that will be cheaper than staying onsite. And there's always Motel 6 lol.

We've stayed offsite before. The differences are this...

- Rental Car - If you stay on-site, you don't need a car (but you do need transportation to and from the airport). So you can save on the cost of the rental car.

- Parking- If you stay on-site, you don't need to pay for parking. On the upside, you may be able to find free parking nearby. Maybe. (We lucked out and never had to pay for parking. Don't ask me how that worked out.)

- Travel time - Origins is tough to make through with much sleep. If you stay off-site, consider the time it takes to get back and forth between the convention center and the hotel. I found it to be pretty wearing to be off-site.

- Cost - it is MUCH cheaper to stay offsite. We stayed at Fairfield Inn up near that university in Columbus and it was pretty cheap (although I just checked and it is NOT at all cheap now - costs as much as staying on-site!)

So for me...

Off-site - can be much cheaper if you have a car, find parking, and don't mind the driving.
On-site - having no car/parking offsets some of the cost, but the convenience of staying right there is pretty great.

Like everything, it all comes down to $$$.

We've stayed offsite before. The differences are this...

- Rental Car - If you stay on-site, you don't need a car (but you do need transportation to and from the airport). So you can save on the cost of the rental car.

- Parking- If you stay on-site, you don't need to pay for parking. On the upside, you may be able to find free parking nearby. Maybe. (We lucked out and never had to pay for parking. Don't ask me how that worked out.)

- Travel time - Origins is tough to make through with much sleep. If you stay off-site, consider the time it takes to get back and forth between the convention center and the hotel. I found it to be pretty wearing to be off-site.

- Cost - it is MUCH cheaper to stay offsite. We stayed at Fairfield Inn up near that university in Columbus and it was pretty cheap (although I just checked and it is NOT at all cheap now - costs as much as staying on-site!)

So for me...

Off-site - can be much cheaper if you have a car, find parking, and don't mind the driving.
On-site - having no car/parking offsets some of the cost, but the convenience of staying right there is pretty great.

Like everything, it all comes down to $$$.

money really isn't a problem, just a matter if my dad get off work, if he can't then I am out of luck

If money isn't the matter stay at the Renessaince free ballete parking and a free shuttle to and from the conventions. It is also a 10 minute walk from the hotel too.

The hotel is about $139 a night.

Back