Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question about Xatu's poke power

Z3d0nius

Hi I have a question about Xatu's poke-power.

Lets say I use wailord's deep dive attack and i am put asleep by my own attack.my turn ends
the opponenets turn comes up and he does whatever.
My turn I use My Xatu's poke power effect and take my status effect off of wailord and make the defending pokemon asleep instead. then i use deep dive again but this pokemon has over 130 health so there still alive but i am once again asleep by my own attack.my turn ends.
the opponent flips a coin and get tails and is still asleep and they end there turn.
On my turn I am still currently asleep as is the opponent.Here is where the part I dont fully understand comes in. Can I use Xatu's poke power again and remove my sleep and put it on the defending pokemon to knock them out regardless of them being asleep in the first place because i want to attack and i cant because i am still asleep. So can i use Xatu to take my status affect and make them just asleep even though they allready are. if that didnt make sense just post and tell me it didnt otherwise offer some advice. thanks.

Yes you can.
The new Asleep effect replaces the one that they currently have.
Sometimes that makes a difference.

So if Darkrai put something to sleep with the evil (2 flips asleep) and you then used another attack that put them to sleep again, the new sleep (without the 2 flips) would replace the old sleep (with the 2 flips). Right?

Back