Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question and ideas for a going away gift

DukeFireBird

Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator
Hello all. I am gonna ask the gym a favor and ask what to get a friend.
This is not meant as a poll, so do no ttreat it as such.

One of my League members and a Fellow Professor is gonna be leaving to go to California, and Next Sunday is his last day at league, and I want to get him something from the league as a present.

His favorite things include, DDR, Ampharos, Eevee and the eeveolutions.

I am at a loss on what to get him for his going away present.

Im thinking a sealed box of Pokemon (SW).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

~Duke

a photo album/scrapbook with pictures of NV events/players? put pics of each player on a piece of cardstock, leaving space for them to write a message and/or give their contact info to the person leaving so they can keep in touch.

'mom

When I moved I got a whole bunch of pokemon stuff, it would be nice to do something other than booster packs. Like a plushie or something physical that can be like o that that person gave me that item. I wouldn't complain though if I got a sealed box though :D

I was also thinking about a box of SW... If you can't get enough people to chip in, I would recommend that you get him a few forms of his favorite pokemon (cards, plushies, and what ever else you can think of).

Try something artsy he can display, like a chineese lanturn made out of pokemon cards (saw one at a tourney yesterday, was pretty nice looking).

What about getting a mini binder and getting each person at league sign a eevee or one of it's evo's and put it into the binder? Maybe even a small photo album with pictures from league?

Make some Pokemon-themed T-shirts and have all the league members sign them. You can wrap some booster packs/plushies/whatever in them as an extra bonus.

Hope the departees find new friends in a California league!

- Croatian (Saying goodbye is always hard) Nidoking

IMHO, pokemon cards aren't the best idea. Give the person something they can remember you and your area by. A picture signed by everyone can go a long way. Frame it too.

Well, there is this new deckbox with all of the eveelutions on it! That could make a nice little personal touch to a box of cards. A box of cards may be rather expensive, but not a whole lot of thought comes in there. Include a $10 Japanese deckbox from the latest set, and you've got it made! . You can usually find them on eBay. If you buy it quickly, that should hopefully allot enough time for its arrival, and if not, you can just mail it to him later!

Wow, some good ideas already! I agree that a box of cards does not seem to fit the occasion. I saw a huge Pikachu plushie/pillow (idk 18 or 20 inches) at Toys 'R Us that you could get and let everyone at league sign it with a fabric marker. It was $20 or $25.

Get all your regulars to pull an Eevee out of their shoebox- any eevee and sign it with maybe a well wish message, put it in a binder and give that to him- imo that would be an awesome gesture :)

ok guys, heres what we ended up doing.

I found a hilarious going away card in my store

You will not be forgotten.....Your the center of so many hilarious storys

^ is true to him.

I had all the kids at league sign it, and a few of em gave him eeveolution ex's. And he also got a bunch of eevee related things. He loved it.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

This may be closed if needed.

~Duke

Back