Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

question on Weavile G in Luxchomp

I never really got how weavile G worked in luxchomp i mean i tried absol and it can consistently KO with one crobat drop twords gengar

The real questions comes in as of how do I get weaviles attack to work consistently? Do I need to run skuntank G and a stadium to do more damage or expert belt to do lotsa more damage

IMO i think its hard to get a whole field of SP into play without playing down Uxie, smeargle, etc

Last edited:
Seeker means Uxie, Smeargle etc get removed from your Bench and Zoned. =\

Absol makes a little more sense in Luxchomp, but I run Weavile in Dialga since I've already got Belts and all.

You can have one Uxie in play, and still be able to KO the Gengar Prime with a Flash Bite. Weavile counts itself for damage, and you could always Psychic Restore out of the way.
And like Kayle said, pick up the Uxie when they use a Seeker. >>b

What's fantastic about Weavile is that if you start with him, you're happy. He has free retreat, and he can set up a Turn 1 Power Spray without using up a call energy. He also helps against Gengar Prime. Usually, they Hunter, so you can pick up your Uxie and Smeargle to let your opponent LZ those. Usually, you'll be able to Weavile G for KO (full bench, full bench -1 SP +1 Flash Bite, or just putting Belt on him).

My friend played Weavile G and BDK in his Luxchomp last weekend in a Lostgar filled metagame. He must have played against Lostgar 5 times. NEways, he said BDK let him win that tourney, but Weavile G was useless. And he's a pretty good player.

BDK would be superior in any case, I wouldn't run both. That's just silly!

BDK takes up more space by a bit and that's the problem.

Dude, 2/3rds of the decks were some kind of Lostgar.
I'm gonna agree that either or is best. BDK helps in most matchups where you eventually need to bring down a bulky Pokemon. Weavile G is more for early setup and the quick tech for LostGar. LostGar has very few answers to either (except obviously... KOing them). Having both would be redundant and silly. They serve different similar and combining them would do very little to help eachother out. You'd be better off using the card spots for other cards.

Back