Questions on Chicago leagues

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Postdog2Gengar, Apr 1, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Well, I'm planning a trip to the Windy City over Easter weekend, and thought I'd check up what they have for leagues. Through the League Locator on the Pokemon TCG site, I found Windy City Comics to be a league host. If anyone associated with this league is on this board, please tell me what to bring and what to expect here. Also, please provide directions to Windy City Comics from the Sears Tower.

If there are any other leagues in Chicago, please, post here, and provide the general info that I stated above.

All replies are appreciated.

2. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Bad idea, it's unlikely that you'll find any Pokémon players at the Windy City League, the place is always overrun with DBZ and Yu-Gi-Oh players.

When are you planning to come to Chicago? Because all through April most of the players from Chicago will be travelling to State Championships, and May will probably be the same way, except with Gym Challenges...

3. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

You might want to come in contact with Pokedok (dont have an email on him..sorry) about league. But really...enjoy your Easter =\

4. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

5. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

IMO, neither place really has the support for Pokemon right now. Pastimes lost that support when they banned Pokedok, and Windy is absolutely overrun with DBZ and YGO. If ur coming in for this Saturday, might want to try Pastimes, we're having a tourney over there, prep for States.

6. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Ok...is it in Chicago, too? How do I get there from the Sears Tower?

EDIT: Also, do you mean this Saturday (As in April 3rd) or the Saturday before Easter? Also, what is your standard format? What should I prepare for (as in, Blazkien EX, Water types, etc.)?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  7. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

If it's not to late, yes its today. Opens at 11:00 am. starts at noon. You can find the address on pokemontcg.com under leagues locator. It's at Pastimes (cards and comics, I think). It's in Niles, IL. On the NE corner of Golf Rd. and Milwaukee Rd. It's in a strip mall at the east end. I guess I should get some sleep now so I can make it myself. hope to see you there. I'm Dave II.

8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?