Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

R & S Challenge in Milford MA

babayaga

Who is going? I'm playing around with the idea, but haven't decided if I like or don't like the idea of the GBA matches. I haven't been terribly focused on my Sapphire team.

Anyone from TJ's here? Need a Master Prof to help? I might just like to help out.

regards,
Beth

Hey Beth!
I will be there judging with bjj (not sure if bob will be there). Sadly I had to drop the idea about doing a R/S fake card because of loss of HD on my primary machine... (with all my work...). But I will download Eon Tickets for those who want em!

-marril

Thanks but we're all set for judges (but if we gets lots of people, please let me know you're available).

Don't forget Registration is from 10:00 to 10:45 and play should start at 11:00.

From this board, myself & Marril2k will be there. Flea looks like a possibility. The usualy TJ's BZ crowd should be there (can't believe Jarod & Matt actually went and got a R&S cartridge to they can play!).

Oh yeah Sept 7th Sandstorm Prerelease tourney!!!!

Edited: Forgot JohnnyBlaze might be there! Some important information HERE!

Last edited:
Hey BJJ - We should be there. I saw on the website that TJ has "Dont forget to bring your GameBoys" Unfortunately the whole Albany contingent wont be there as I cant get everyone to play GameBoy. But hopefully there will be a decent turnout. Cant wait.

JohnnyBlaze said:
Unfortunately the whole Albany contingent wont be there as I cant get everyone to play GameBoy. But hopefully there will be a decent turnout.

Albany?! You drive from Albany? Now I'm mad at the store owner here in the Springfield area who was only supporting Pokemon as long as it was supporting his Magic habit. To think we could be having another set of series in the area if he'd get off his can and give a hoot about Pokemon. But I guess he's not interested in the bigger picture. :(

Hopefully I'll meet you on Sunday,
Beth

babyaga - Beth we used to play in Lenox Mass at a card shop owned by Bill. We only have League at GameKeeper in Albany and since it is a Wizards owned store they are unsure wheter or not they are going to support Nintendo. I am talking with the store owner and she told me to order the kit for her store just in case. Otherwise tourney wise we usually drive to TJ's in Milford. My son won the trip to San DIego at the qualifier at TJ's back then. Its a great place to play and a friendly atmosphere and BJJ is the best head judge, IMO. So it doesnt bother us to drive out.

Well we had 39 people participate! Unfortunately on 4 in the 10 & under, but 19 in 11-14, & 16 in the 15 & up. We had a special visitor, Steve from Pokémon USA attend. Don't remember his last name but was "McMsomething" (wonder if he'll get the nickname "Big Blue"). Everything went rather well. Biggest issue was at the end of 10 minutes what happens as one person might've entered an attack and the other person didn't. Tired will hopefully post more later.

BJJ763 said:
Biggest issue was at the end of 10 minutes what happens as one person might've entered an attack and the other person didn't.

What did you decide on that? I hope it was, "the other person finishes selecting an attack" because I think that would be in line with the TCG, i.e. allow the current turn to finish up when time is called.

It was lots of fun! Thanks for your work, everyone at TJ's.

babayaga said:
What did you decide on that? I hope it was, "the other person finishes selecting an attack" because I think that would be in line with the TCG, i.e. allow the current turn to finish up when time is called.

It was lots of fun! Thanks for your work, everyone at TJ's.

I had to make this call once also... Thats bascially what I was thinking, one had already selected, time was called, then the other player had yet to make a selection. So I thought, finish the current turn (as in turns in my view going 1. Select move, 2. trades/items get done if selected, 3. attacks play out, 4. turn finishes).

I wasn't sure if my ruling was 100% correct, but it just seemed to make sense at the time

-marril

BJJ763 said:
Well we had 39 people participate! Unfortunately on 4 in the 10 & under, but 19 in 11-14, & 16 in the 15 & up.

Nice turn out still even though you got only 4 for the 10 and under. :thumb: And it is even really cool that Steve showed up for your tournament and is checking some of them out.

Yeah we decided to finish out the turn (would've been easier to make the decision if i actually played but i had to think about what i saw when i've seen the boys play Stadium - both players pick an attack and then the attack commenses). So just like the TGC, finish the turn.

Bah, I didn't go to the event because im too cheap to buy a a Ruby or Sapphire game and make a team without gameshark... But I will try to go to the Sandstorm pre release!

Monkey said:
Bah, I didn't go to the event because im too cheap to buy a a Ruby or Sapphire game and make a team without gameshark... But I will try to go to the Sandstorm pre release!

Hey, how about showing up to regular LEAGUE? You missed out on Jumbos...

Back