Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Red Rover Red Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everwind

Ok

I posted the other day on how fascinated I was regarding Victreebel's energy less attack that allows you to pick which of your opponent's poke you wish to poison and burn. Well I have the deck named after the children's game Red Rover Red Rover, let Claydol come over and die.

Strategy is simple build up to Vicky as fast as possible, along the way poison and cause trouble de-evolving as much as possible.

This deck really should not require large amounts of energy. Tips to Mr Meeches for the Weezing suggestion.

Redshark 2.20 Deck List
Date: Sat Sep 6 23:32:11 2008

Name: Red Rover
POKEMON: 25
Stage 2: 4
4 : Victreebel, LA-44
Stage 1: 10
2 : Claydol, GE-15
2 : Toxicroak, MT-36
3 : Weezing, GE-31
3 : Weepinbell, LA-127
Basic: 11
4 : Bellsprout, LA-85
3 : Koffing, GE-74
2 : Croagunk, MD-60
2 : Baltoy, GE-60

TRAINERS: 19
Trainers: 10
1 : Night Maintenance, SW-120
4 : Rare Candy, GE-102
1 : Poke Radar, LA-133
2 : Switch, SW-128
2 : Warp Point, DP-116
Supporters: 5
3 : Roseanne's Research, SW-125
2 : Team Galactic's Mars, SW-126
4 : Technical Machine TS-2, LA-137
Technical Machines: 4

ENERGY: 16
Special Energy: 4
4 : Call Energy, MD-92
Basic Energy: 12
7 : Psychic Energy, DP-127
5 : Grass Energy, DP-123

Last edited:
Right, the deck seems good, but like you siad, tweaks are good too.
First of all, I'd drop the Victreebell line down to 3-2-3, so you've got 3 spaces.
Then, the Toxicroak line, is in my opinion, a tech more than anything, and not rquired, so make that a 1-1 line, now leaving you with 5 spaces.
A lot of people I know don't like too many Night Maintenance, but I think recycling lots is key in most decks, so first of all add 2 more of those.
You have a single Poke-Radar, but just playing 1 is pretty useless, and we've cut your Pokemon count down a bit, so drop that. 4 spaces now.
Both the switches and Warp Point are good in here because of large retreat and added disruption, so add another 1 of each. 2 spaces.
TTGM isn't that good a draw card, and since you're running Claydol, you may as well play TGW. It's more disruptive, and gives you a new 6 with Dol, rather than a new 2.
So switch the TGM to TGW, and up the count to 4, taking up those last slots.
Ummm, better =]

Good Luck with the Deck!

Currently playing with a Vicky line to 4-3-4, and I dropped Toxi line entirely and added Weezing to 4-4.
I also added some Bebe's and dropped the energy down. This deck needs very little energy. I could drop to 14 energy if needed. 4 Multi, 3 Call, grass 3 psychic 4.

It is very good at killing Claydol, but has a hard time dealing with big hitters unless I have lots of Weezings out. It almost always kills on the in-between turns, and the De-evoluter is nice but without spread damage it is little more than an annoyance.

I think it needs a secondary attacker or something that can do spread damage....any ideas? I think Omastar is too hard to get out. If I drop to 3-2-3 for Vicky, drop Weezing down to 3-3, what about a 2-2 Bronzong for a tech?

Last edited:
Both Bronzong and Bannette did not work well. Still too slow and it seems that you absolutely need 4-3-4 Vickys because you have absolutely nothing to attack with if you lose a Vicky and can't replace him for whatever reason. Weezing does not last at only 80 hp and a very weak flippy attack and high retreat cost.

I was think Giratina might be nice or Gliscor if I could get any of my hands on one...but as far as I can tell this deck is only good at killing Claydol and then stalls. Magleaf destroys it.

I need help with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back