Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Refreshed Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrwaxman

I have been working with Empoleon most of the season and have tried many versions. Biggest issue I tend to have is hand size. Now that Pachirisu is around playing Cessation with him is not a good thing. As much as I like Palkia I think Claydol is too important for consistency and they do not work together.

Here is my list.

Pokemon- 19
1- Pachirisu
4-4-4 Empoleon
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Xatu

Trainers- 26
2- Night Maintenance
3- Steven's
3- Roseanne's
4- Plus Power
3- Rare Candy
2- Wager
1- Copycat
4- Celio's
2- Windstorm
1- Warp Point
1- Switch

Energy- 15
9-Water
3-Dre
3-Scramble

Strategy-
Go aggressive with Empoleon spreading damage where needed and using Claydol to build the bench. Xatu helps move conditions, snipes and hits G&G for weakness. I find the plus powers really help in this build. The windstorms are mostly for Cessation and Crystal Beach. Good match up with Mag and my games with G&G seem to be about even. Unknown G is the one thing I would like to work in.

Any thoughts?

Looking good. I would make these two changes

-2 Prinplup (if you are playing Candy, you probably don't need this many.)
-1 Swtich
+1 Warp Point
+1 Roseanne's
+1 Steven's

Because if he is going to play Rare Candy to skip the Prinplup in the first place then it's just a waste of deck space IMO

Prinplup is too important early game not to get him up and the rare candlies help keep getting out Empoleon late game since it is the only fighting line.

I gave in last weekend and played CC with a Mismagius tech. Hand size killed me and when I ran into Pachirisu it was a nightmare.

drop prinplup by 1 and swap 1 empolion for the X. also up the patch id try and work in 2 G's if you really want to to protect your penguin agenst stat decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back