Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Regional winner RockBand/Article Included (First one to make article.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prize_Card

When I saw some of the first scans for dp4 I saw the beedrill and I was like, "I have to make this deck!!"
Heres the list I came up with. So far it has done well against many decks.

Pokemon: 18

4-4-4 Beedrill GE
2-2 claydol GE
1-0-1 duskinoir

Trainers: 30

4 Rare Candy
4 Plus Power
2 bebe's
1 celios
4 master ball
3 Crystal Beach
3 Great ball
2 warp point
2 Night Maintenance
2 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Steven's Advice
1 TSD

Energy: 12

9 Grass energy
3 Multi energy

Lets start off by taking a look at some of the cards!!~~~~

Pokemon

Beedrill GE: Beedrill is the main attacker in the deck. The goal with him is to get as many set up as you can, then be hitting for 30-120 a turn.

Claydol GE: Claydol is basicly in here for support. Because you run little draw power he is a nice addition into the deck, it also counters absol somewhat. You cna also go agro with him in some situations.

Duskinoir: Dusknoir is an awesome tech in this deck, when your opponent is loading up there bench, shuffle one back with dusknior then swarm beedrills!

Trainers

Rare Candy: Rare candy is a must have in this deck because you rely on getting the beedrills out as fast as you can!

Plus Power/Strength Charm: Plus powers help the deck a ton. Incase you don't have enough beedrills on the feild to do massive amounts of dmg, it helps you KO some pokemon still. Also, when you have 4 beedrills set-up, adding a plus power can knock-out about everything that is being played in the format.

Crystal Beach: These will kill decks that rely on double rainbow energy or boost like Gardilade and Blissy.

Roseanne's Research: These are mainly used to get energy, but they work nicely to get your basics too.

Night Maintenance: These get back the killed beedrills and weedles. If they get knocked out early in the game your screwed for late game. (I would like to add in TSD's too, but I have none.)

Team Galactic's Wager: These go along the disruption of absol, and it can also hurt your oppenent a ton when they have a great hand.

Steven's Advice: The only draw power in your deck. But it works great with claydol because you'll always have 6 cards in your hand.

Scott: This gets your needed crystal beach and trainers.

Matchups

Blissy Varients: 50-50. With blissy having a massive hp, you'll need 4 beedrills set-up pretty fast. But with claydols help swarming beedrills, the match is still winnable.

Gardilade: 60-40. This deck actually seems to do suprisingly well against Gardilade. With absol as a start you hurt there chanses of getting a gardivoir or gallade set up early. But still it is a very hard match to win. But with beach it is a good possibility to win.

Hurricane: 60-40. You should have an easy time against Hurricane. Hurricane cant stand much against beedrill once it gets going..

I'll include more match-ups later. Any way thanks for looking at my thread and enjoy, any comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty intersting deck. I would probably test this against Magmortar if your taking it to states however. My changes to this deck would be.

-2 Castaway
-1 Strength Charm

+1 Steven's Advice
+1 Scott
+1 Roseanne's Research

If there's any room to spare, you might try to tech in 1-0-1 Nidoqueen d or Meganium d. Should help to get those beedrills rolling.

Pokepockets, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I will have to test it out against magmorter on redshark. I think I'll take out a castaway and try to fit in something else.

Dennis Hawk, I like the idea, the problem is, if I prize the queen or the nidoran it will be 2 empty spot. And ussualy the claydol fill the spot of queen somewhat, it runs through your deck to get the beedrills. But I might try a version with a 2-1-2 queen line.

Charizard1987, the only problem about adding windstorm is that theres not a lot of room to add it in. You need a lot of stuff to get this deck up and running.

Thanks for the comments!~~~

Pichu bors. rox, Thanks for the heads up on that fact. Adding a tech claydol ex would help against galade and blissy, but it would hurt you because your opponent gets an extra prize..

iono how 60-40 against hurricane either way the claydol version beats you as long as they get a fast claydol i dont really no because i dont use that version
the delcatty magneton version should beat it most of the time as long as they setup with a delcatty and they'll be 1hko your beedrils everyturn

but nice list!

I played speedrill back in the FR/LG days. As much as id love to see speedrill make a comeback it doesnt do as much damage and with absol in the format its even more impossible to get all 4 of them out.

Absol doesn't fit into every deck. Especially this one.

Take it out and replace it for something that will actually help you set up multiple Beedrill.

empoleonperson, thank you for the input on my match-up against hurricane. So far I've tested the deck against the version that runs claydol. And it seems to win more often then lose.

Flareon, I'm not sure what adding in one more kakuna can do for me, but I am mostly relying on rare candy.

Skarmory777, with an absol format it is indeed hard to get all your beedrills set up, but utilizing absol helps buy time to get as much set up as you can, same with claydol.

Let Fire Fall, Absol is probaly the best starter in here, it does actually help set up multiple beedrill because it buys me time by disrupting my opponent to set up the beedrills. And please don't bash on me using absol in a lot of my stage 2 decks which you do in almost every thread, because in this format if your running a stage 2 deck it will set-up slower then what it should in this format... Using absol helps that problem, especially against t2 decks that rely on speed.

Let Fire Fall, Absol is probaly the best starter in here, it does actually help set up multiple beedrill because it buys me time by disrupting my opponent to set up the beedrills. And please don't bash on me using absol in a lot of my stage 2 decks which you do in almost every thread, because in this format if your running a stage 2 deck it will set-up slower then what it should in this format... Using absol helps that problem, especially against t2 decks that rely on speed.

You know what, you're right. I'm going to use Absol in Magmortar now because I can stall long enough to set up all my Delcatty and Typhlosion.

Now that I think about it, bring back Metanite so I can use Absol in there too instead of Castform. Maybe I can buy time with it to set up Dragonite and Metagross too.

yeah....absol is definitely the best starter

P_C, another nice deck. Wynaut try the Pory/Dol engine for a faster setup?? Just make the 4 Absol a 2-2 Pory2 Line this way you can get the multiple Supporter usage which will help with setting up Beedrill a bit faster and reset them whne you lose one... Just a thought!

Let Fire Fall, wow I'm not dumb enough to say it works in every deck. I said IN THIS FORMAT because everything relies on speed.

Hectogonman, I already tried doing that and it is way less consistent and gets torn apart by absol.

MrMeches, Thanks! I like claydol in this deck because there isn't a lot of supporters in here and usually you have little to no cards in your hand allowing you to utilize claydol a bunch.

I was thinking about pachi, but I personally prefer absol. Even if you don't start with absol you have weedle to call for family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back