Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

REIGN of the WalREIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWooper

What does the current enviornment look like in the Pokemon TCG? Blaziken variants, you say? *GASP!* What a surprise! A lot of you are sick of Blaziken, right? Well fear not! I, SuperWooper, am introducing a new archetype into the format of the near future. This deck will make all Gardevoir deck players tremble, cause every heart of the Aggron EX/Wailord player to beat with uncontrolable fear, make the brain of every Amphy EX player scream, "Piece of cake!" If you haven't figured out what I'm talking about by now, you're an idiot. Just kidding.

This deck is made for the EXon or RSon or NINon format, wherein Expedition-Skyridge have rotated out (no more Oracle, so don't even think about suggesting Delcatty), and Blaziken decks will be dominating everything that breathes. This deck may seem the have the disadvantage at first, but I guarantee you that I can go toe-to-toe with just about every deck that I'll play once I have this deck near-perfected. If you don't belive me, we'll play unlimited sometime (or modified when this deck comes out), I've lost only once with a RAIN DANCE DECK:

Pokemon: 20
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise EX
2 Aqua's Spheal
3 Aqua's Walrein
2 Feebas
2 Milotic
4 Dunsparce

Energy: 22 Water

Trainers: 18
4 Steven's Advice
4 Archie
4 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Warp Point
2 Pokenav

I considered using this deck with Dragons Magneton and Energy Draw Delcatty, but in the end, decided on this. The Milotic idea helps so much early game once you've mass rain danced (or whatever the new power is called) onto an Aqua's Walrien. I don't think Aqua Energy is worth it, and until I see the ruling on Aqua Belt, I won't be using it. Steven's Advice is as broken as it gets in this deck. You thought it was good w/ Furret? Hah! Well you're right. But with Blastoise, you Rain Dance all the energy onto Walrein, getting rid of three, four or rive cards in your hand, and then Steven's Advice, which is a Birch but for seven cards. There's a high probability of some being more water you can Rain Dance for even more damage fun. Since the new Rain Dance does damage, Milotic's power will heal all the pokes in play, which works great for you, since you'll be doing mass damage to yourself in order for this combo to work. However, since Aqua's Wailrein isn't an EX, I think the trade-off is a very good thing to look at when choosing a deck for the near future. I thought 22 Water Energy was the perfect amount: it's near how much I played w/ g8r and my old rain dance. The Warp Points are great for getting rid of Rayquaza.

Now onto the deck's weaknesses: Muk EX and Amphy EX. That's basically all. It stops Gardy because all the energy goes back to your hand after you attack, reducing the damage Gardy/EX does by about 40-60. Since Desert Shaman is gone, all I have to worry about for hand disruption is Absol or Skarmory, which any of these pokemon take care of in one shot. Well, the evolutions, anyway. If you need spoilers ask and I'll post them.

Please post if you only see one teeny tiny little thing wrong with the deck, I want this to be in tippy tippy top shape for whenever the next set it released: it will have Milotic and Stoise EX, and I am so stoked about this deck, since it doesn't rely too heavily on EX's and I think I will do really well with it.

I guess that the soon-to-be-current format won't be so unbalanced after all...

Thanks so much for reading and remember to please post your opinion/fix. I really appreciate anything you'll post here, even flames! No, seriously, if you think the deck is that bad, flame me, bash me, do whatever. Just be ready for a Mirror Move. :D

-WooP

Last edited:
Looks good but Patriach has already came up with this. You will beat Blaziken, but without Crystal Shards you will not touch Rayquaza, so you need to play a couple...

~Jim Ferrell

Well Blastoise Ex does give up 2 prizes but I think you forgot to say you were talking about Walrein at the end. Wooper just so you know your not the first person to know about Blastoise ex. I'm not familiar with the Milotic though. You have a translation?

ya this deck looks good, milotic will be awesome when it is realeased, the bad thing is it doesn't cure ex pokemon :(. Blastoise ex WILL be big one way or another, as a Blazi counter and for it's energy manipulation ability, full stop. since this is EXon id add Meditite as tech vs aggron and Ampharos. Also to make milotic really effective, ud need to use its power MORE than twice, since Walrein OHKO's anything, it doesn't really matter if u heal the opponent too.

So my suggestions:

ADD Mr' Brineys Compassion, it will make Milotic MORE versatile and useful! Add TV Reporter, discard sparces or anything, but I'd rather go with an ALL drawing engine in this deck, since U will be needing Candy's along with Blastoise at the same time, and with POR, shuffling back ur hand won't be as effective and odds of drawing both cards at a time is low.

BTW POR is reprinted in 2 sets from MVA, not in the next one, but the one after that.

-MuD

Pidgeotto Trainer said:
Well Blastoise Ex does give up 2 prizes but I think you forgot to say you were talking about Walrein at the end. Wooper just so you know your not the first person to know about Blastoise ex. I'm not familiar with the Milotic though. You have a translation?

Ever heard of a joke? I'm a joke around kind of guy, not really serious at all. Well, that was an exaggeration. Yeah, I know Patriarch came up with this basic idea, but I'm not sure that he used Walrein. I think he used Delcatty/Magneton/Milotic, which is what I was going to do, but wanted to be slightly more original (like this was :p) and you Walrein, which, in addition to being a decent card, is also my favorite pokemon besides WOOPER of course.

I like to pretend that I'm good sometimes, Pidgeotto Trainer. :D It makes me feel special. Anyways, you said you needed a translation, so here it is, from Nick15, and I quote:

* MILOTIC [100 HP] (Stage 1 Water Pokemon / Evolves from Feebas)
[POWER] Healing Shower
If you play this card from your hand, you may remove all damage counters
from every Pokemon in play (including your opponent's, except for
Pokemon-ex).
[WC] Splash (30)
[WWCC] Wonderhit (80)
Before doing damage, remove 3 damage counters from the Defending
Pokemon.
WEAKNESS: LIGHTNING
RETREAT: CC
25/83 Holo-Rare #141 [Atsuko Nishida]

That's the spoiler, hope you enjoy. Blastoise EX should only attack when in dire need, or if you know you can win within a few turns and they can't get set up fast enough to stop an onslaught of Stoise EX's attacks, because Milotec can't heal it.

Gymbo, Jermy, Crystal Shard don't exist in the EXon format.

Keep on posting,

-WooP

Mudkip said:
...since this is EXon id add Meditite as tech vs aggron and Ampharos. Also to make milotic really effective, ud need to use its power MORE than twice, since Walrein OHKO's anything, it doesn't really matter if u heal the opponent too. ADD Mr' Brineys Compassion, it will make Milotic MORE versatile and useful!

Mudkip, you've given me some great ideas, but I'll only take a few. The Meditite diea is good, I'll be using that idea, but I'm not sure what to take out. I'll probably just drop a water, considering Steven's Advice can find me waters not sweat. The Briney's Compassion idea is a no-brainer. *Smacks himself in the forehead* Sorry I forgot it. That's a really good idea, MuD, thanx 4 the reminder.

New deck:

Pokemon: 21
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise EX
2 Feebas
2 Milotic
2 Aqua’s Spheal
3 Aqua’s Walrein
4 Dunsparce
1 Meditite

Energies: 20
18 Water
2 Multi

Trainers: 19
4 Rare Candy
4 Steven’s Advice
4 Archie
3 Mr. Briney’s Compassion
2 Warp Point
2 Switch

I dropped the Pokenav, since I thought Steven's Advice would do the job there. The TV Reporters aren't necessary, Steven's Advice rules in this deck. I'm keeping 2/2 Warp Point and Switch, I think it will serve me well in the future. I don't want to play HPS, it helps Blaze players out too much for my liking. Added 3 Compassion, they rule with Milotic. Two card combo. Briney Milotic back and candy back into it, since it counts as evolving, the damage is removed. I wanted to put in a fourth, but I'm not going below 20 energy in a Rain Dance deck. I think 4 Candy and 4 Archie are necessary, since I want Rein out ASAP. The Meditite has been added, I think it'll be useful eventually.

Thanks everyone, keep posting!

Woopuh out

Last edited:
ToysRUsKid said:
Hmm Try to find space for some WHISHCASH!

Please don't make me laugh. All Whishcash does is protect itself. It doesn't protect the whole bench. Even if it did, I'd only consider it. Blaziken is a huge threat, I will give you that. But don't forget, Walrein, Milotic, and Blastoise EX ALL ONE HIT OK BLAZIKEN EX. That's a pretty fair trade off. One prize for two. And then I bring out a second Milotic. It's very likely that they won't try to power up another Blaziken EX, since they'll want three Blaziken Firestartering. Dilema.

I don't know where this whole Whiscash thing started but I'm pretty sick of hearing about it. I honestly don't think it's a good card. And if you're insulting my deck-making ability by putting WHISHCASH in all caps, and it's a bad card to boot, you should probably just leave.

I said I accepted flamers, and I did. But now I used Mirror Move. Goodbye, ToysRUsKid.

Moving on.

Please feel free to continue posting. One issue that I have is only 18 Water Energy in a Rain Dance deck. Is there anything I should take out? Thanks in advance,

Wooper

No I think 18 Water can be more than enough since Walrein will return it to your hand. Now that I know all the Pokemon in this I have to say I REALLY like this idea. I don't even think you need the Multi and Meditite since Walrein isn't weak to Electric. You still need some more card drawing. It will be nice to have a dominant all water deck again. It's also nice that all 3 of your main pokemon have great attacks on their own. Even though the best scenario is to have all 3 and destroy with Walrein.

Pidgeotto Trainer said:
No I think 18 Water can be more than enough since Walrein will return it to your hand. Now that I know all the Pokemon in this I have to say I REALLY like this idea. I don't even think you need the Multi and Meditite since Walrein isn't weak to Electric. You still need some more card drawing. It will be nice to have a dominant all water deck again. It's also nice that all 3 of your main pokemon have great attacks on their own. Even though the best scenario is to have all 3 and destroy with Walrein.

Thanks, Pidgey. Can I call you that? Lol. I'm just messing with you there. This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Maybe one day I'll become famous like Venusaur/Jermy/Jermz/Jermy101/whatever. Because he created BAR, and I sort of created this...sort of.

Okay, to improve on the previous deck:

-1 Meditite
-2 Multi Energy

+2 Water Energy
+1 Blaziken EX

Lol, I'm just kidding around. I'm toying with that stadium that takes away weaknesses of all pokemon except pokemon ex...hehehehe! Regular Blaziken will already be knocked out by Walrein anyway, all I need is five energy in play, so I think it'll be good against the few Aggron EX's that'll be hanging by a thread it EXon.

Ever since Patriarch posted this deck, I've really been liking it. So much that when the needed sets come out I think I'll be playing this, looks fun and competitive to play.

I have one fix, well sort of fix: Do you really need 3 Blastoise? I guess you are using 3 in case one is in your prizes, since you do the same with your Aggron ex deck. But I think with 2 it could run pretty well.

Besides that, I think the deck looks fine and shows promise. I also like the Walrein addition to the deck that combined with Archie adds speed and saves a Candy use. Nice touch Super.

On an unrelated note: Can you imagine if Nintendo screws up and translates Milotic to heal your Pokemon only and not your opponent's? I would laugh so much if this were to happen.

Last edited:
nintendo shure does screw up alot *cough manectric* *cough blaziken* are they dumb or what. There would be no RAMBO decks if they had just kept the cards the way they were :nonono:

Let's get back on topic, (*&%&^%&^% or whatever. (I'm just kidding there) I think I've got the decklist nearly worked out, but would appreciate some more advice. Anyways, now onto the part of the thread where you can argue about stuff. *Cheering ensues* Thank you, Thank you! You're too kind. Actually, I'm too kind. *Laughter*

Seriously, all kidding and really bad jokes aside, how will this deck do in EXon? Will RAMBO/BRAD decks dominate it? Will Blaziken EX have any affect on it? How does it fair against other decks, such as Ampharos EX? And that Muk EX, oh, *shiver* he'll be a problem. Feel free to post it on here. Thanks,

Wooper

New New deck:

Pokemon: 20
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise EX
2 Feebas
2 Milotic
2 Aqua’s Spheal
3 Aqua’s Walrein
4 Dunsparce

20 Water

Trainers: 20
4 Rare Candy
4 Steven’s Advice
4 Archie
4 Mr. Briney’s Compassion
2 Warp Point
2 Switch

If I change anything it'll be adding that stadium that gets rid of Walrein and Milotic's weaknesses. Yay! I can't wait till that card is released. Blaziken EX isn't as "broken" as you think, because that stadium gets rid of all weaknesses except for pokemon EX! Hah! Then there's the new Ninetales, Shedinja, Wobbuffet, I Walrein that just flat of beats it. Thank you very much.

Anyway, I think this deck will need to go pretty fast to defeat BAR. I have 20 Water Energy, so I'll draw one every three cards. That's 2.3 per opening hand. I'd probably want to go second with this deck, so I can draw that eighth card, bringing it up to 2.6 water energy per opening hand. If I were to round this up, then I'd be in business.

My dream hand looks like: Dunsparce, Blastoise EX, Milotic, Water, Water, Archie, Steven's Advice. Then I draw a water energy. After SARS for a Squirtle, another Dunsparce (yes, another, this is in case they use warp point, there's a lot in my area) and a Feebas, next turn I Archie for Walrein. I candy squirtle into Stoise EX and attach a water energy on Walrein normally. Then I rain dance another water energy onto him. Steven's Advice lets me draw six. One energy per three cards, so I draw two water energy, which I Rain Dance onto Walrein, then evolve into Milotic, retreat sparce, and start doing the damage. Of course this is a dream hand. This will probably never happen, but if it did, I assure you, GG. :D BTW I drew like 2 or 3 Compassion with that Steven's Advice. Let the destruction commence.

Go ahead and post about the deck. Bash it, praise it, whatever. Does it beat BAR? On what turn do you think it will get setup? Do you have any more fixes? If so, go ahead and post 'em here. I need all the feedback I can get.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Patriach for giving me a springboard onto this deck. I never thanked you, and well...here you go. Yeah... :rolleyes: Anyways, go ahead and post away.

WOoPeR - that was an accident. seriously

ya, i think you need to put up the spoilers for some of the cards because not all of us have a link to nick15's page.

I'm very curious to know what kind of powerful decks do the Japanese players play? I'll be quite surprised if they've never thought of BAR because the idea was not that difficult. I'm pretty sure some good Japanese players have already come up with some of the deck ideas we're having right now before us.

I'm wondering why switches? I get warp for Ray, but if you go 3&3 on the Feebas/Milotic you could have one in play from the turn before and a Feebas on your bench from the turn before Briney's the Milotic and re-evolve. Unless your worried about status, but you could use Briney or warp for that too.

Well, I like this deck. I made a decklist for the format now, but I'll tweak it for R/S-ON.

Pokemon: 18
2 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
2 Blastoise EX
3 Feebas
3 Milotic
3 Aqua’s Walrein
4 Dunsparce

20 Water

Trainers: 20
4 Steven’s Advice
4 Archie
3 Rare Candy
3 Mr. Briney’s Compassion
3 Warp Point
3 POR
2 TV Reporter/Switch

I might;ve left something important out, because it seemed I had too much room. I like this deck and will definitley try it out when the cards come out. It COULD become an archertype, or it COULD not. We'll just have to see how the metagame changes and if Nintendo translates correctly. ;)

Over and out,
~Magnechu

Dro~ said:
ya, i think you need to put up the spoilers for some of the cards because not all of us have a link to nick15's page.

:confused: What? Blastoise EX is on Nick15's page? *Goes and checks* No it isn't! What are you talking about?

Here's the translation (this didn't come from Nick15, it came from another source, but has been confirmed by Nick and some people over in Hong Kong that post here. Sorry that I can't remember your name, Wobbuffet guy!)

Blastoise EX: Stage 2 Water Pokemon: Evolves from Wartortle

150 HP - EX Rule

Power: I don't know what it's called: As often as you like during your turn before you attack, you may attach a water energy card from your hand to one of your pokemon in play. Then place a damage counter on that pokemon. This power can't be used if Blastoise EX is affected by a special condition.

(WWCCC) or (WWWCC) Destructive Whirpool: 80 damage: Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard one energy card attached to the defending pokemon.

The translation is a little shaky, but you won't be attacking with Blastoise EX in this deck. Water Pokemon Master, I thought you were the Water Pokemon Master. But you're not...

I AM! :thumb: I'm just messing with ya. Really though, I think Stoise EX will be a force if it's translated like this.

To whoever said don't use switch, what if you don't want to switch their pokemon. If it's a Blaze EX I obviously don't want that out of the active spot. :p That's why I'm running 2/2. I'm considering a third Milotic, but I don't think it will be needed. If it is after I playtest this deck, I'll probably either drop a water energy or an Aqua's Spheal.

There are the translations. Milotic is listed above, and you already know what Stephen's Advice does.

WOoper OuT

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= said:
nintendo shure does screw up alot *cough manectric* *cough blaziken* are they dumb or what. There would be no RAMBO decks if they had just kept the cards the way they were :nonono:

I'm pretty sure Manectric's translation was kept as is... correct me if i'm wrong though.

Anywho. The deck looks fine wooper, but these cards aren't coming out for another 3 or so months, so you can't really comment on the format being so unbalanced when we don't have these cards at our disposal. With stoise ex, do you really need Walrein in there? I dunno, I guess i'd have to play vs/with this to see how it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back