Remnants (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by dkates, Apr 19, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkates

dkates New Member

Seems like I've been coming up with a lot of deck ideas lately. Well, I built this one with the Swamperts I got today. Since I didn't have access to any Suicune ex or Swampert ex, I figured out another combo. It's had one playtesting match so far, which was a win.

Pokémon (24):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    3 Magnemite (Random Spark)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Energy Catch)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    4 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (16):
    4 Oracle
    2 Professor Oak's Research
    4 TV Reporter
    3 Master Ball
    3 Rare Candy

Energy (20):
    12 Water Energy
    5 Lightning Energy
    3 Boost Energy

Strategy: The deck is based around the Swampert/Magneton combo. Magneton helps get Water Energy into the hand for Swampert to Water Call, and then benefits from them with Magnetic Force. Ditto's my other main hitter, and Delcatty is both draw and (believe it or not) backup hitter. It also combos well with Magneton. This deck is actually pretty fast and effective. I don't know that it's fast enough to take on Blaze variants, and the low HP of the Pokémon probably mean Blaze ex would eat the deck alive, but it could probably make a decent showing.
    Ideal setup is 3 Swamperts, a Delcatty, a Magneton, and an attacker. Since everything in the deck except Swampert (which should not be active) has a Retreat Cost of 1, I can easily switch attackers at a moment's notice. No Pokémon-ex means that I can often get a bit ahead in the prize count. And that's what wins games overall, isn't it;)?
    I know the card ratios are a little strange, but it seems to work.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  2. hi again dkates. Lol yes you have had many ideas. Here are my suggestions:
    -1 master ball
    -1 town volunteers (magneton should do it fine)
    +2 petm (you have many dif. evos.)
    -1 water energy
    +1 boost energy

Good Luck

3. dkates

dkates New Member

I don't really see much point in PETM for this deck, since I have Oracle/Delcatty. (Wow, that last part felt great to say!) Also, since Boost really only helps Magneton and Delcatty for surprise KOs, I don't really think I need 4. Thanks anyway, though. If you think of anything else, don't hesitate to post. However, you did give me an idea -- I'm dropping that Town Volunteers for a 4th TV Reporter. I'll just edit that into the top post.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  4. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I personally use multi energy in my deck, so why don't you give it a try?

5. dkates

dkates New Member

I don't really see much reason for it. The only "off-type" cost I have is Magneton, and getting an L for it is easy enough. Add to that the fact that Multi Energy can't be Water Called, and it really doesn't seem that useful. Thanks for the tip, though. Any other ideas?

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

The reason Elm's Training Method is so good is because it increases your odds of a great hand on T1. Think about it, the odds of pulling both Delcatty and Dunsparce in the same hand are slim, but your odds of pulling that off are tripled by adding in these babies! That way, it's a lot easier to T2 a Cat, and win the game.

Hence the PETM suggestion. I'd actually go with three or four if I had the opportunity.

7. dkates

dkates New Member

EDIT: Thanks to help from Patriarch, I've updated the decklist. Here's version 1.1.

Pokémon (24):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    3 Magnemite (Random Spark)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Energy Catch)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    4 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (18):
    4 Oracle
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Desert Shaman
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy

Energy (18):
    10 Water Energy
    4 Lightning Energy
    4 Boost Energy

Notes: The main changes are in the Trainer engine. Now, other than Rare Candy, everything in here's a Supporter, but I'm really not worried. Hopefully, playtesting will tell whether these changes were wise.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  8. Dek

Dek New Member

yeah, I would be careful about how many supportters you play. I know it sounds crazy, but someone could be playing a Fossil deck with Armaldo in it. Maybe take out Oak's Research for Potion. The reason I say this is because, IMO, both cards are conflicting forces.

9. dkates

dkates New Member

I can see where you're coming from on taking out POR, but do you really think 2 Potions are going to do much good in this deck? Considering how the format is all about OHKOs, I don't see many cases that I'd even get the chance to use a Potion, much less get any real benefit out of it. Any other ideas?

10. psycodad

psycodad New Member

Pokémon (24):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    Swampert ex
    2 Magnemite (Random Spark)
    2 Magnemite (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Energy Catch)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    4 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (18):
    4 Oracle
    2 Professor Elm's Training Method
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Desert Shaman
    1 Town Volunteers
    4 Rare Candy

Energy (17):
    10 Water Energy
    3 Lightning Energy
    4 Boost Energy
    This is a good deck. I have been playing swampert for quite awhile now. It really helped my rating. If you can get the 3 swampert exs', add them. It is a good card. Also max out rare candy and TV reporter. I have played as little as 2 electric and had no issues. Just dump one early into the discard and trade for it when you need it. 3 is better. If you do not run the ex's, keep 4 lightning nrg. The ditto is fun and all but I would drop it for warp point or shard. I currently play 3 warp point and no shard in my swampert list and only 16 nrg. With so much fighting weak stuff, swampert ex/warp point can be devestating. Good luck with your list.

11. dkates

dkates New Member

I like that you kept the deck close to what it was, but I currently have no Swampert ex, only 2 Professor Oak's Research, and only 3 Rare Candy. However, I did order myself 2 Suicune ex today, and we all know that Swampert and Suicune ex make a great combo. BTW, here's an updated version of the current list:

Pokémon (23):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    3 Magnemite (Thundershock)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Energy Catch)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    3 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (19):
    4 Oracle
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Desert Shaman
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Master Ball

Energy (18):
    10 Water Energy
    4 Lightning Energy
    4 Boost Energy

When I get the Suicune ex's, I plan to drop a Magnemite and a Magneton for them. Until then, any fixes that do not use TM/TA cards are welcome. I think this deck is a great concept, but it probably needs a bit of help to realize its potential.

12. Dek

Dek New Member

actually, i thought the Magneton worked pretty well in our little AIM battle. Maybe when you get the suicune ex's, just take out a Magnemite and a magneton and put the 2 Suicunes in

PS sry i had to leave so soon

13. dkates

dkates New Member

Heh. You just said the same thing I did, Arthas. And I agree, Magneton is very effective in this deck.

14. Dek

Dek New Member

*looks at the last post*

*smacks forehead*

good god, wth is wrong with me...

oh well, we could say that i agree with you...

15. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, I made another change. Posting updated list.

Pokémon (23):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    3 Magnemite (Thundershock)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Energy Catch)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    3 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (20):
    4 Oracle
    3 TV Reporter
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Master Ball
    3 Pokémon Reversal

Energy (17):
    10 Water Energy
    3 Lightning Energy
    4 Boost Energy

16. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

That is SO true :nonono:.

17. dkates

dkates New Member

What is? And would you mind also giving a more in-depth comment or fix on the deck?

BTW, I was thinking of dropping the PETM's for a 4th TV Reporter and 2 of either Ancient Ruins, POR, or Desert Shaman. Opinions?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  18. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I'm talking about you both realizing the same thing and saying it without paying attention to the other.

Let's see what I could do with this deck:
    Personally, I know that you may like the current energy setup, but I would drop 1 water for electric. I don't like the fact that there are 23 Pokémon. You yourself suggest never to have over 20 in a deck, so I'll -1 Mudkip and -1 Dunsparce. Trainers, trainers... Oh I know! +2 POR. You seem to suggest it in my decks a lot, and it works very well, so try it yourself!

And that is my "fix". I'm not sure if it makes the deck better, but that's what I would play. It seems like you have enough tainers to get Swampert out that the Marshie doesn't seem to need to be there. Odd, huh?

[:]

19. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

YAY! ANOTHER DKATES DECK!

Transforms into a Wooper. Guess again, Hero...

Hm...problems that aren't too big...this version could run, but isn't the most solid one...

Pokemon: Take 'Ton line down to 2/2. Drop both Ditto for two Suicune ex, and with the two spaces, add a Swampert ex for Amphy and a 4th Dunsparce.

I'll say this again:

You can not afford to play less than 4 Dunsparce in this type of deck.

MAKE THE SKITTY TAKE DOWN!

Energies: Hm...problems...a little unfocused here...

First off, why four boost? You won't be attacking with Magneton too often, when you do it'll be versus mirror matches, because Cune is weak to electric, and the strongest Swampert version out there is Swamp/EX/Cune, HANDS DOWN.

Make it 12 Water, 3 Lightning, 2 Boost. 17 energy still. So we kept the pokemon number the same, the energy number the same, let's keep the trainer number the same.

Trainers: Okay, this is usually the spot which gives the most problems for ya. It's unfocused in the fact that PETM, Oracle, and Masterball are trying to coexist. Um...how will that work? Let's fix 'er up.

Drop the Masterball, ditch a PETM. Yay! Four spaces. Drop the reversal! Yay! Seven spaces! Okay, add 3 POR, 2 Crystal Shard for Rayquaza (If you take nothing else away from my fix, take this: USE CRYSTAL SHARD!), and a fourth Reporter. One spot left...hm...a tECh Nurse for Cune!

Okay, that about wraps that up. New list!

Pokémon (23):
    4 Mudkip (Bubble)
    1 Marshtomp (Bubble)
    3 Swampert (Holo)
    1 Swampert ex
    2 Magnemite (Thundershock)
    2 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Skitty (Take Down)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    2 Suicune ex
    4 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers (20):
    4 Oracle
    2 Professor Elm's Training Method
    4 TV Reporter
    1 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy
    3 POR
    2 Shard

Energy (17):
    12 Water Energy
    3 Lightning Energy
    2 Boost Energy

Yay! All done. The deck looks a lot better now. If you don't understand something about my fix, make a postage and *Arnold voice* "I'LL BE BACK" to get your question.

cya round,

Wooper

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  20. dkates

dkates New Member

Let's see. A detailed fix, with a lot of good points, as well as some I disagree with.
    - As far as Skitties, there isn't one with Take Down, so I assume you mean the one with Double-Edge. That's the one I'm using -- Energy Catch is its first attack.
    - I actually was looking for a way to add back Dunsparce number 4, and your way, or one like it, may be a good one.
    - I can't add Swampert ex, although I did order 2 Suicune ex, and I'll be adding them in as soon as they arrive.
    - Why drop the Ditto? This deck is very effective at abusing its abilities. Sure, I could just use Crystal Shard, but where's the fun in that?
    - I can see where you're coming from on the Energy, and I very well may make that change.
    - Your suggestions on the Trainer engine are interesting. Not quite my style, and I'm short one POR, but I may go for something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.