Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Repairing Old Card Cases

TrueGamerX

I know this is kind of a "random" topic for a thread. But you know how you might get some cases for your cards and you battle with them for a while and they lose there "smoothness" sooner or later. They become sticky and terrible for shuffling. I got some old blue UltraPro(TM) card cases and I want to know what you can do to them to make them more smooth like before. I don't want to go waste money for more. But do you wash them, rub them, etc? Or am I shuffling them wrong?

what actually works is just sorta fondle the cards in your hands. I know that sounds wrong, but it's the only way that I can describe what works best. Make sure that there is some type of an air pocket between each card, this can be done by shifting the cards in your hand (very difficult to describe). What also helps is stack shuffling, instead of shuffle shuffling or cut shuffling and makes sure that air pocket is still there.

You *could* sponge down your sleeves, but I find that this causes more problems than solutions (and I've got ultrapros that are older than dirt)

I've found these new Rook sleeves that are wrinkled on the back thus adding air pockets in between each sleeve when put into a box. Also these will never become scratched b/c of the wrinkles. They work out pretty well and are cheap enough. The site is here:

http://www.myrook.com/product/product-sleeves.jsp

Back