Requested Gardevoir Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Daddiursa, Apr 21, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Hi! My daughter desperately wants to play Gardevoir, TM's Claydol and Sneasel ex. I couldn't deal with the Sneasel ex request, but I've tried to make something out of the rest of the wanted pokemon.

Any furhter ideas/fixes?

POKEMON (23):
    4 Ralts
    2 Kirlia
    2 Gardevoir ex
    2 Gardevoir
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    4 Dunsparce
    1 Wobbuffet
    2 TM's Baltoy
    2 TM's Claydol

TRAINERS (19):
    3 POR
    1 Copycat
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Oracle
    3 Rare Candy
    2 warp Point
    1 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Town Volunteer

ENERGY (18):
    15 Psychic
    3 Boost

Two semi-decent advantagaes I could get from Claydol, was that it can send an energy brought out from the deck by Gardevoir up to the active pokemon (if needed). And also the opponent can be caught in a jam between Claydol (opponent's best off with large hand), and vice versa with Gardevoir ex' feedback attack where it's best for the opponent to have a smalll hand.
    I would have added another Gardevoir ex and maybe Wobbuffet too, but I can't make room for them.

Please post if you have opinions about obvious "Gardevoir cards", stuff what you've tested out and know works well in this kinda deck.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  2. Rayquaza 9.0

Rayquaza 9.0 New Member

I'd have to say:

-4 sparce
    -1 copycat
    -1 rare candy
    -1 nurse
    -1 tv reporter
    -1 psy
    +4 wynaut
    +1 wobb
    +1 POR
    +3 energy restore

This is just my ideas but give it a try it might just work.

Ray

3. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I really like sparce over wynaut in most situations, but I don't think this is one of them. As rayquazza said, replace the sparce with Wynaut. Sure, he can only get 1 pokemon per energy, where as sparce can get 3 basics down first turn, but what is soooo powerful about Wynaut is this: Drop energy onto it with Psyshadow and evolve, removing all the damage it just took.

Claydol also helps with this, as you can psyshadow onto it, move one of those energy to a Gardy ex or another Wobbuffet or something since I'm guessing Claydol won't see a whole lot of action attack-wise.

With this strat in mind, you definitely need to run more Wobbuffet. I have no idea how you'd fit that in there though, your list is really tight. At very least try and cram 3 Wobs in there to pull off the combo.

Good luck with it, it looks pretty cool. I like claydol quite a bit even if it doesn't appear to be the most powerful card ever. Its still real nice.

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Always a pleasure to fix a deck for one of the young 'uns! ^_^ Lemme see what I can do...

Pokemon: Add a Gardevoir, make the Sparce Wynaut, add two Wobbuffet, and drop the Delcatty line.

Energy: Drop a psychic, add a boost.

Trainers: We have an extra space here, so let's do something fun fun fun. 4 Reporter, 4 POR, 2 Oracle, 3 Nurse should work here. 3 Candy, 2 Warp Point, a Copycat, a Volunteers all sound good. All done! The nurses will scoop up the damage that Gardevoir put on your energyless Claydol, leaving Gardy ex damage free!

New list:
    POKEMON (22):
    4 Ralts
    2 Kirlia
    2 Gardevoir ex
    3 Gardevoir
    4 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet
    2 TM's Baltoy
    2 TM's Claydol

TRAINERS (20):
    4 POR
    1 Copycat
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Oracle
    3 Rare Candy
    2 warp Point
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Town Volunteer

ENERGY (18):
    14 Psychic
    4 Boost

Done! Enjoy, strat and fixes r self explanitory. GL w/ teh deck.

Wooper

5. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Well, right now my daughter seems quite happy playing a Swampert (ex)/Suicune ex/Delcatty deck, so the pressure upon me to make this Gardy/Claydol deck work isn't too much. She has realized that her deck can beat my RAMBO deck 50% of the time (not w/o advice from me though).

By anyway. I want to make a good Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex deck to playtest against our other two decks, and against other League-/tournament-players locally.

The idea I'm toying with now is to go 3 Dunsparce and 3 Wynaut. Cos if I get Sparce first I can leave Wynaut as active and it will (hopefully) survive long enough to get a few energies on if and a Wobbuffet (I'm thinking turn 3 with Wynaut first turn, and otherwise turn 4). Then all 50 HP pokemon like Sparce, Electrike, Mudkip etc will not make it long if they're active.

Having 3 of both Sparce and Wynaut will lift the ratio of getting one of them first turn to over 50%. Plus the effect of removing early damage and special conditons on Wynaut by evolvment is nice. As well as having the rest as TV (Reporter) dinner.

A Wobbuffet evolved like this can use Double Rainbow Energy and remove the self inflicted 10 HP damage from it's attack (+ reduce the main attack to 40). So I think that card might be usable too.

6. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Thanks for the fix ***per!. I have no problems seeing that this deck fix is probably giving the deck more consistancy. Plus better healing and longivety (is that a word?).

[Edit]: Why on Earth is W O O cencored?? Is that a nasty word I shoudn't teach my children?

7. Hero

Hero New Member

LOL

8. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

This has happened to me about 6 times now, I have no idea why...

Mods! Your censoring device is busted!

I typed "******" once and it got ******ed out, so I'm figuring that their censoring things is going on the fritz...funny they don't block any cuss words, just crap and ******.

I won't even bother to type my name since I might be violating some gym rule...

9. Hero

Hero New Member

LOL

10. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Maybe it's not WOOper, but LOLper!

11. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner Active Member

Um...wow. You just ruined the whole thing =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.