Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Reverse Holo TV Reporter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokemon Master

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Was the Reverse Holo TV Reporter only scarce in first edition packs (as in ones printed early) or did they fix it for later prints? I got one in a Dragon pack for Christmas that my mom got from Target.

For some reason though, the packs were not in that paper wraping. So, my mom might have been mistaken or Target is selling them without paper, which I doubt.

EDIT: I just asked my mom again and she said she got them from Target and they were not in the usual paper wrapping. (after telling me Santa brought them) I suppose some Targets can sell them without being in the paper wrapper.

Last edited:
I think they will be printed more in the next run of cards. Can you scan the card so we can all see it.

I just banged my head against the wall a few times and screamed for about five minutes straight. I accidently ran over the card with my chair after it fell off my desk, and now it has a whole bunch of wrinkles in it. Boy am I dumb, but at least I still have the card. I guess it is better than nothing, right? (runs off crying)

man that must suck. I did that once when the game first came out. i packed a charizard and later on my chair was stuck on it.

But Charizard was easy to get. Reverse holo TV Reporter must be one of the most rarest cards ever, and I ruined it. Maybe luck will let me come across another one, so I am going to ask my parents to buy me some more packs at the same Target. I also checked E-bay and there are none available.

You'd have to be crazy or very rich to get a RH TV Reporter off eBay.

I just learned you can't put reverse holos in the microwave. :) After I got it all wrinkled, I put it on top of my hot lamp to flaten it out. Then it got so hot it felt like it was going to start on fire, so I got two pens, held it, and ran downstairs and threw it in the freezer for an hour. Then when I went to get it, it was all moist as if you could squeeze water out of it. Then, I figured since it is so moist, I can dry it in the microwave. So, I put it in for 10 seconds to dry it, and on the 3rd second, THE WHOLE CARD BLEW UP! Well, it actually didn't blow up, but it appeared that because the whole card flashed around like that scene in the second Advanced Generation episode where the sun comes out and lights up the whole Relicanth chamber. Now the card looks like it is all scratched up when in fact it has been lifted up in smalll lines underneath the holo part.

Only if it hadn't fallen off my desk none of this would have happened and I would have had a mint condition card! But nooo, now it is totally ruined. The one card that could differ me from other people besides Pre-release Clefable, and it had to be ruined.

Anyways, I went on to E-bay again and asked someone how much they would sell me a Reverse Holo one for, and the guy said $300! I told him forget it and that I might as well buy 3 boxes of Dragon from Target and find one.

So, does anyone want to trade. :D

Eeek...you're probably lucky you don't need to buy a new microwave, too! Foil/metal and microwave ovens do NOT go together as it causes the waves to arc and/or short; you'd have dried your card out better and safer with an iron, or just leaving it pressed in a book and papertowels for a day or so...

'mom

But how was I suppose to know the reverse holo part was metal? I always thought it was some sort of paper. I am going to put the card in my binder since it is still readable, but at least I have one. I wonder if anyone would buy it if I put it on E-bay for $100.

This is like the *worst* luck ever... Sorry to hear about this (although, to be honest, I was laughing the entire time I was reading this...)

Now I wanna go put a foil card in the microwave...

Purchase.....1 Dragons booster box.

content......All 3 char holo's, RH TV reporter, Latios, Latias, Dragonite-ex, amphy-ex oooooh the list goes on.

Traded the RH TV reporter at SE challenge 5 for a bunch of stage 2 holo base set cards.......wish I'd auctioned it on finding out how much peeps want it but meh.....I was happy with the trade ;)

i cannot believe anyone would be stupid enough to microwave a RH card...

...let alone freeze it...

...after toasting it...

...and running over it with a chair...

... but then again I'm from the UK so hey, whatever floats your boat...

~fK

Call Me sick and sadistic, but could you take another pic of the card.... I gotta see that

As funny as the situation is, I feel bad for you. But even in that condition, you have a card that not many have, and lots of people want, so hey.......

What else can we do to torture the card???? BAD TV REPORTER RH, HOW DARE YOU BE SO RARE. *Smacks card around*

Water Pokemon Master said:
But how was I suppose to know the reverse holo part was metal? I always thought it was some sort of paper. I am going to put the card in my binder since it is still readable, but at least I have one. I wonder if anyone would buy it if I put it on E-bay for $100.

Yes, how to know that shiny foil is metal...
How, how, how...

Pssst... Don't worry about it so much.
Think of what PUI did with the problem of too many ex Pokemon in the first printing of R&S.

If I followed E-Bay correctly, there were 3 RH TV Reporters so far. The first one went with BUY now option for less than $3. The second one went for $30 and the third one went for $60. I myself bought the 88 reverse foil set from NDT cards for $92. After a month I finally got the set yesterday and it had 87 cards. Guess which one is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back