Reviews on the Run- Gamboy Player

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Dek, Nov 11, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

In 2001 (or was it 2000?), Nintendo came out with the Gameboy Advance. This Gameboy was the biggest revolution of gaming in handheld history. With brand new graphics and colors, the GBA became an instant hit. In 2003, Nintendo released the GBA SP, a lithium battery, foldable version of the original GBA. Recently, Nintendo released another GBA. This was called the Gamboy Player, an accessory for the Nintendo Gamcube that allowed players to play their favorite Gameboy games on the Gamecube. After recently trying out the Gameboy Player at my school's "Cube Club," I was amazed at how great this accessory was. Not only were you able to use the GBA as a controller, but you could also use the Gamecube controller as the main controlling method. This thing is also compatible with the E-Reader, and big plus in my book since I borrow my friends E-Reader at times. What's even better about the GBP is that you don't need any batteries to run the thing. You can also link up GBAs to the GBP to have the classic 4-player action we all know and love (do I smell 2v2?). What I also learned recently is that you can connect two GBPs together and have 2-player action on 2 TVs. However, all Gameboys must have headphone jacks, but I can let this one slide through that requirement. Even though this was kind of pricy, I say get it if you still don't have it.

+Plays Gameboy games of all types
    +E-Reader compatible
    +Links up with (Either one)
    +Connects to other GBPs as well
    +2 possible types of controllers to use
    +very easy to install

-A little expensive (about $50)

Final Verdict: So what if it doesn't have a headphone jack, give it to me anyways :lol:

Final Rating: 100%

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

the only minus in my book is for games like Animal Crossing that you can link up a GBA too. Since you are using your GC when you are using the GBP then obviously you cant connect to a Gamecube game, unless of course you have a second GC and TV..... and not many of us have 2 GC's, so for this you stil need a GBA (or SP)....

As far as pricey? I wouldnt say that... I mean a GBA is still like 50-60 bucks anyways, and a GBA SP is still like 100 bucks, so if you already own a GC, 50 bucks for a GBP is a cheap way to get into the GB universe, if you arent already. Its campatibility with almost every GB game ever made is a nice plus as well. I mean who wouldnt like to be able to play the biggest library of games in all of video gaming history???

3. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Thats what that little wire that connects your GBA to ur GC. Can't remember the name :D

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I think it is just GBA connector for its simplicity.... but you cant connect a GBP to a GC unless you are using 2 seperate GC's..... to the best of my knowledge....

and While you can use your GBA (SP) as a controller for the GBP, why??? so you can recarge it or have it plugged into the wall the whole time, that doesnt make much sense....

5. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Its because if you have a hard time using the GC controller with the GBA games, you can use your GBA to make it easyer. It not that had to under stand.