Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rhyperior Lv.X/GYRADOS* deck idea!

KAZUTO!!!

Spoiler for Rhyperior Lv.X(Credit goes to PokeBeach):

Rhyperior Lv.X :fighting:HP170
Level Up

[.] Hard Crush
Discard 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 50 damage times the amount of Energy discarded in this way.

[F][F][C] Toss Up 60
Search your Discard Pile for all Fighting Energy, show them to your opponent, and shuffle them into your deck.

Weakness: :water:x2
Resistance: :lightning -20
Retreat Cost: :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless

Okay, this may sound like a noob-ish comboe, but who cares. Gyrados* and Rhyperior Lv.X. Now, I know that they probally won't be in the same format, but oh well. I'm still going to try it. Also, I am aware that Gyrados* is considered to be one of the worst *s out there, but this is an attempt to make him useable. Now, to the idea.

The idea is to loose your deck with Gyrados*, hopefully KOing the opponent, then bring up Rhyperior Lv.X, second attack, next turn, SWING FOR 250! Repeat until you don't have a deck anymore, then use the second attack again, first, 250. Repeat until you win. Fun, and easy. The only problem would be setting up. Wait, isn't there an Energy Accelerator in GE? Togekiss! It may be only one-time, but who cares! You only need one attachment anyway. You'll probally get three-four, attach all of them to Gyrados*. Then, attach Energy to Rhyperior. You'll need mainly Fire Energies, with maybe 1-3 Fighting Energies, DRE, Scramble, and Pachi. Anyone think this will work?

EDIT: I am aware that Rhyperior is being discussed in two other threads, but none of them include Gyrados*!

EDIT 2: This is a league deck.

EDIT 3: Here's the link to PokeBeach, on WPM's wishes: http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/dp5

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, I meant for league. I said that I was aware that they won't be in the same format. Now, I've edited it so that it says it's a league deck.

Yeah... that's a problem I'll have to think about... but, even if it's Prized, I might tech in 2 Mantine ds to help there until I can get it out of the Prizes. THEN I loose my deck.:thumb:

Yeah, you lose your deck with Gyrados*, puting all Energy from your deck into your discard, then Toss it all Up again. Togekiss is only there to power up Gyrados*.

The problem with this deck is... you're discarding your entire deck. Lets say I ko your Gyrados *. Well, thats ok, I can just Night Mainte... oh wait, I discarded them all....
This was an idea created back when Delcatty ex came out, it doesn't work well I'm sorry to say.

Gyrados* serves no purpose after I get rid of my deck, so you can KO it all you like... as long as I have lost my deck first.

Ah, now I see the point.... 150 for free every turn after.... The only problem is your main attacker is a stage 3, meaning getting out more than one will be next to impossible.

Yes, this is a problem. Pachi can only go so far... maybe, if Phione is in that set, use that as well. With Pachi, get out, Phione, Gyrados* and Rhyhorn, Premier Ball, Evolve like crazy.

EDIT: Oh, and you go for 250, not 150.

compared to hp-mt format coming into this season, after seeing this set pokemon has a bright future

but let me get this, you set up everything than discard your deck, then respawn you're deck, then attack for insane damage,

here's my take it only works with castform and that will be rotated to, good idea, but after they kill your x you're toast, there will only be energy left

BUT with Catty ex you have to loose your deck multiple times, with this you don't. Anyway, I'll probally run Groudonk or straight Rhyperior X, so yeah.

Back