Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RNG, soft resetting, etc.

JimboPro

From what I have gathered using RNG is probably the easiest way to get a shiny pokemon or a pokemon with the right IV's but I guess I am still not getting it. I have used search engines and such but can't really get a grip on how it works etc. I think a need a dumbed down newb version or something. How does RNG work exactly?

Also, I have been soft resetting on a Virizion for 2 days now and still no shiny, how does the game determine when something is going to be shiny? Pokemon black and white is the only game where I have not ran into a shiny by accident and it is the game where I have logged the most hours.

Any tips to get it shiny or anything like that would be appreciated!

soft resetting is mainly good for getting natures/ivs if you can't breed the pokemon. for legendaries, that's how i do mine when i don't have a friend doing them. if you are absolutely set on having a shiney virision, don't soft reset. its a 1 in i believe 8256 chance of being a shiney, so it is nearly impossible unless you have many spare weeks to do it. the rng, i don't get it either, but there is no idiot/noob rng version. if you need the shiney, you need tons of different info when using rng. so in short, soft resetting is for natures etc, shineys are almost impossible to find if you are trying unless you are stupidly lucky, and thats it. hope i helped.
~Jake

I belive that number looks correct, the 8256. It is tough to hit that random chance of getting a Shiny, but at least if your in the Soft Reset route to get a good nature and IV set- you are at least focusing into a possible Shiny encounter. Of course the draw back is that you are looking to get say an Adament Groudon, you'll have a Shiny Soft Reset with a Modest nature.

RNG- There are guides out there, and some videos on the process. Google is your friend in this case.

RNG abuse is the easiest way to the the stats/nature/shiny you want - but it does take time to learn. Stationary legendary pokemon like Terrakion/Vrizion/Cobalion are the easiest way to practice. Also having 2 Chattots will greatly assist you.

voodoo said:
RNG is kind of like firing a gun. Why shoot blindly in every direction until you're lucky enough to hit the target when you can just take the time to aim properly and hit it with one shot?

Thank you all for the responses... I guess it is time to give up on the soft resetting just catch it and start learning how to RNG for Black and White 2...

RNG is different in every game released because each game adds something new that uses it. You'll have to wait to the new RNG is cracked.

I actually don't think that's really true. The Japanese and English versions of the game use the same general code base, and that would include the workings of the RNG. If there are any changes, it won't take long for them to be found.

Thats true. It might not apply to DS games but I was trying to swap sounds and music on Pokemon battle revolution with the Japanese game with the English game/ Even though they are the same game, they are coded differently.

Has the RNG been the same with past Pokemon games for both Japanese and English?

Are they really coded differently, or are the resources stored in different places? The former would be surprising; the latter, obvious.

I haven't known of any difference but the last time I really examined the RNG was DPP.

When I looked at the files for PBR, they had the same name. I figured I'd take the Japanese voices from the Japanese game and move it to the English game. The end result was not pretty. The game still loaded but the sounds were out of whack. I think they had different ids for each sound.

The RNG may be on different parts or its a different RNG all together.

Back