Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rock-Paper-Scissors SOLUTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And random! The arguement being put forward by others is that RPS has strategy. Ergo using random means to decide your choice of Rock Paper or Scissors is against the designers intention and ought not to be allowed.

Part of the reason that TGW makes you play rock-paper-scissors is because it's NOT all luck. If it was supposed to be all luck, it'd be a coinflip or high roll.
There is, in fact, a strategy to rock-paper-scissors.

you can just hide the chosen result and opponent does the same, then reveal it together (no hand moves involved).

I just saw a pair on eBay Buy it Now @$2.50. I was so tempted to buy them, but then I realized that I don't need them and Glactics Wager might not even be played much. I think I'll just play RPS.

It is a random solution, but as others have mentioned, RPS has a strategy to it. IMO, if there is going to be a fuss over late throws, etc.....the better solutions are to either write down the choice and reveal the same time or have different colored (from your deck...same color for these 6 cards) sleeved cards with rock, paper and scissor written on 2 each. Each player takes a set of 3 cards, chooses the 1 they want, place face down, then reveal.

Keith

I don't understand the point of this. If you're going to make it random anyway, just do a high roll or something. Or if you really want to pretend you're playing RPS, roll D6's and have 1,2 rock, 3,4 paper, and 5,6 scissors or something.

I like those dice, who is the manufacturer? (found it it's Koplow)
it's not like the D6 I suggested in the other topic, but these would do great.

found another webstore selling them for $1 each
rock/paper/scizor dice

there should be also the option to let them produce in D6, depends if POP will allow such dices to be used.

Last edited:
http://www.thegamestore.com/product_p/23-12492.htm

i saw these at worlds and thought it was a great idea.

i know i am buying some just to keep on hand for judging. it will ease alot of confusition,contention,and stress for me anyway.

Discuss

~Professor ultimatedra~

You intend to make up your own rules for judging. Why if you're going to use random means to decide an outcome why not just roll to see whether an energy can be attached or a card drawn? It's all relative!

you can just hide the chosen result and opponent does the same, then reveal it together (no hand moves involved).

^My mate made a good point here. No writing = no cheating. And that keeps all the "strategy" behind the RPS everybody's making this fuss about. It's the best choice overall (except for not playing the card at all, obviously).

I'm going to buy two of those dices for sure.

OT: A moderator merged my "Download Apprentice Patch" topic with an "Apprentice Patch Request" topic and closed it. I made another thread so that find the patch could have been easier for everyone. Now I can't even post my updates (the patch has errors I need to fix). But meanwhile, 3 or 4 "RPS debates" sprout all around, and they're still where they are. Could someone please put a chip for rationality in his mouse before using it?

Last edited:
I agree with most of the people here. If you want to make TGW random, just do high role, or the six sided die idea(might use that one actually), don't waste money when you can use older dice.

I agree with most of the people here. If you want to make TGW random, just do high role, or the six sided die idea(might use that one actually), don't waste money when you can use older dice.

I want my Dragonite to have one zillion hit points but it doesn't change...

WHAT is printed on da card!!!

Umm, help. How is TGW NOT meant to be random?

Strategy? Isn't the point of R-P-S that you reveal a RANDOM symbol the same time as your opponent and see what the result is?

Yes, you get to choose yourself which symbol you play in your own mind, but seeing as you don't know what your opponent will choose, doesnt that still end up going back to the random chance of winning, losing or it being a tie?

Surely this card was made (like misty's duel) just to give a different 'random'/fun element to the game for variety and enjoyment??? yet still maintaining the intended 'random' element as already used in flipping a coin?

Just my thoughts... :rolleyes:

The Misty's Challenge brings me up to a good point. I have been reading that the Japanese version of that card did not have the coin flip option. So if you want to go by whats on "da card", that little bit of text should not have even been added.

Strategy behind RPS

Knowing what your opponent plays is KEY!

If your opponent has been throwing Rocks at people all day(Pun intended) play some paper and beat him. If he goes in a pattern of Rock, then next one is paper, than the last one scissors, play to beat him!

You can read a persons intent by their body language, Read it, know it, beat it. Why do you think some players are incredibly good at it, they can read body language and eye language.

here is a tip for you guys who don't think there is strategy behind it. Watch your opponents eyes.

ok.. now, look at it like this.
1/3 will be rock
1/3 will be paper
1/3 will be scissor

Times 2
2/6=.33
2/6=.33
2/6=.33

When you choose one of R.P.S. you have a 66% chance of being beat, and a 33% of a tie occurring. no longer a 50/50 chance on winning.

There is a method to PCL's madness. Play as the card Reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back