Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford Battle Road - Sat Sept 29

PokeMama

Alrighty everyone!! Time for another fun time in Rockford!!
You know you want to be there... you know you want to meet up with all your Pokemon friends there again... you know you'll have a good time (I'll bake you all some good cookies :wink:) .... and besides all that, IT"S FREE!!! :biggrin:

So MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!

Rockford Battle Road
Saturday September 29th

Hosted by the best gaming and comic store in the area, Tomorrow Is Yesterday! :thumb:

Where? At the North Suburban Women's Club 6320 N 2nd St. Rockford IL 61111
It's about 4 blocks North of E.Riverside (Hwy 55)on N. 2nd St, which is Hwy 251.
Here's a Mapquest link for you.
From I90, I39, Hwy51, Hwy 55, or Hwy 11
take the route 55 exit to the West (Exit 64 - E. Riverside Dr). Go left on Riverside if you're coming from the south or right if you're coming from the north. Then when you get to Hwy 251 (also called N. 2nd St ) go right. It's up the street on the left side, I think 4 more blocks, on the corner across from Big Lots mini-mall

What time should we be there?? Registration from 9:30am - 10:45am
Due to the number of players we will likely have, the cut-off for entrance into Round 1 will be 10:45. Decklists will be required, so allow time to fill them out. (If you haven't turned in your decklist by 10:45 you will be entered starting in Round 2. We will not delay the tourney for latecomers as it's just not fair to those who get there on time) Feel free to come early! Bring your DS and your Diamond & Pearl Games, or even your GBAs! Once your decklist is turned in, you can participate in GameBoy battles, art contests, trivia contests, or any other activities we might have while you wait. Better too early than too late! :wink:

Who may enter in the Tournament? Anyone may enter, you don't need to be a resident of the City of Rockford to enter... All are welcome, of all ages, from far away or right in Rockford! If you're new to the game and want to learn more about it, check out the Pokemon Organized Play website for instructions on how to play so you'll already know how when you get there.

For complete details... always check our website, TIYPokemon.com for all the latest information on our events. But for now... make sure you're ready for Saturday September 29th!

ALSO... We're bringing back a favorite of ours, the Chansey's Chance Raffle! Bring in as many Chansey cards, any set, any Chansey, common to EX, and you'll get a number of raffle tickets based on the cards you donate! 2 lucky winner tickets will be drawn, and the number of booster packs they win will be determined by the total number of Chansey cards donated. Click on the link to find out all the details! Add to Devin's collection of over 600 of them! You know your Chanseys will have a great new home in his collection!

PLUS, to have some friendly competitive fun, since Troy will also be coming to our Battle Road, and his daughter Danielle collects Pikachu cards (they've got over 5600 of them!) he's also going to be having a Pika Packs Raffle and also will be giving away raffle tickets for each Pikachu card donated. So bring your extra Chansey's and Pikachus and enter the raffles!

Don't miss out on one of the best events in the area! You'll always have fun at a Tomorrow Is Yesterday event!! We guarantee it or your money back! (oh wait, it's a free event! :tongue: )
So come join us for a full day of Pokemon fun with friends!

Last edited:
<3

I now know what day NOT to schedule mine on... Any kind of break I can see, and I am THERE!!! Need staff of any sort?

Awesome! Hope to see you all there! Sorry we'll miss you Rob. :( Should be quite a good time! Like another area 'reunion' in the works! Just talked to Troy and he and the MN peeps are trying to coordinate theirs so as not to conflict with ours, so we can all get to each other's. It's always fun when we all can meet up at these events! Will be fun seeing how the new set has affected the "Deck du Jour" , and how the format change will be received.

Hey Mama,
Look foreward to your event. Mike and I should be there. Hopefully others too. I know Tim and Trqacy will not be coming. Tim's having his long awaited surgery on the 14th. Not sure about the rest of MN crew. will let you know.
:thumb:

Oh yes we're coming in with a banginbox!!!.

James, Chelsey and I should be there as well. Now I just need to look at a pokemon card again to try and build 3 decks. Still havent done anything for the new format. OOPS!!!

Time moves so quickly....

JImmy

Yay!! Sounds like another great MidWest reunion! I swear we've got the best area around for a really great, fun bunch of players! Can't wait to see everyone again! Good people, lots of good people and friends! :biggrin: And it will be fun to see what's cookin' with the new Format! Those first big events of the season are always interesting, to see what's being played out in the field. Can't wait! Too bad we've got a month to go! Well, ok, less than that, a couple of weeks anyway. And remember, if anyone wants to get in some practice, they can always come up to TIY for our weekly tourneys on Saturdays! :wink:

Will you need staff for this? I mean, if a Pre on Worlds weekend nets you 75 people, I can only imagine what a BR with nothing else on the weekend would net you...

Back