3 Lanette's Net Search
3 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
3 TV Reporter
3 Rocket's Admin
2 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
1 Mr. Briney's Compassion

Strategy: Moving energy around has always been and will be a big thing in the Pokemon TCG, Swampert EM's power allows to power up things much more faster and saves valuable energy and time when powering stuff up. The main idea with this deck is NOT to take prize by prize but rather spread damage around to all your opponent's Pokemon and once they have enough on them use ATM [Rock] in order to Knock their basics and Stage 1's. Swampret's EM first attack does that quite effectively as for a single Colorless energy it is able to do 10 to all of the opponent's Pokemon.

The Unowns are a nice addition to the deck, as it gives it more ways to attack, such as Unown (B) which does damage based on the cards in you opponent's hand, and allows a more aggressive touch tot he deck incase it is needed. Unown (P) compliments Swampert's attack as once Swampert has attacked, Unown (P) continues to spread damage counters around, and allows to bypass metal energies which might pose a bit of a problem. Finally Unown (C) it basically in the worst case of an Unown start, you are able to follow your opponent's steps by copying the supporter cards they use, thus allowing you to get back on track after a bad start, and simply starting with any Unown (as long as this one is not prized) guarantess you a good start similar to your oppoent's (speed wise) or even greater one if you use your supporters + the oppoent's. Powering up the Unowns with Swampert's power is not difficult, and by attaching an energy per turn you should never need more than 4 or maybe 5 enegry in play as you move them around, specially paired with Warp Energy as it allows to switch Pokemon out.

Magcargo + Aipom are there in order to act as a Pidgeot for some turns and to guarantee you get the things you need, and Magcargo is complimented by Jirachi DX and Steven's Advice + TV Reporter. Due to the low costs to attack 15 energy is enough and basically starting with any Basic Pokemon is good, Mudkip allows for a faster Swampert up attacking, Unown allows for a speedy set up of 2 supporters essentially per turn, Jirachi DX is simply awesome, Slugma inflicts an auto condition effectively shutting down half the time Jirachi, Plusle, Paras etc. and Aipom gets you an extra card in a pinch. Complimented by Lanette's to fetch the other basics a bad start is quite unusual with this deck.

Finally the key to the deck which should allow it to succeed and do even better, Pow! Hand Extension. Starting with a Swampert spreading around damage is good, and it will eventually come down, once it does, Pow! something up with a heavy retreat, use your other Pow's in order to leave it stuck there energy less and unable to retreat, but don't abuse them as the opponent might be playing Warp Energy, tho Switch and Warp Point are less common. Once the Pokemon's have enough damage on them (in theory 8 turns only by doing 10 to all with Swampert and Unown, maybe less if stuff is Rare Candied) use ATM [Rock] in order to KO the lower stage's and take up to 6 prizes in a single go."

~~~DRAGONSOL~~~
""Swamp Wall"

Pokemon 20
4x Mudkip
3x Marshtomp
4x Swampert
2x Mareep
1x Flaaffy
2x Ampharos (EX UF)
2x Chansey
2x Blissey ex

Trainers 30
4x Lanette’s Net Search
4x PETM
2x ATM: Rock
3x Cozmo’s
3x Stone’s
3x Wally’s
4x Swoop
3x Space Center
4x Rare Candy

Energy 10
10x Water

There's the deck list. To start off, I will explain my choices for the deck and then move on to basic strategy.

My first thought of the card was that it had pretty nice attacks. Spinning Tail type attack and then a nice 3 for 60 and no resistance. Plus, 110 HP is nice. I wanted to make a very unique deck, and so I thought of making him into a "wall" type deck, where he stays active almost the whole game and pounds anything my opponent throws at him. To do that, I would need healing capabilities and a nice synergy. This is where his Poke-POWER comes in. I can move all energies off of him in one turn, then Blissey ex all his damage away (thanks to the new errata). But, then I thought about how to get the energy back on in one turn. The answer was Ampharos. And suddenly, I had a deck idea formed.
I chose to play Space Center as my stadium for a couple of reasons. First, Battle Frontier shuts down Blissey, so I couldn't play that. Second, it shuts down Zappy, Articuno, and Moltres decks really nicely, as well as Lugia ex. I was thinking about Meteor Falls, but most of the time I will have Swampert being Rare Candied and I won't need it. Island Cave was also a choice, but generally I won't be attaching that many energies from my hand, I only need the three to work with. Lanette's is good, I can search out a Mudkip, Chansey, and Mareep. Cozmo's is there for some draw, Wally's if I need it (I only played 3, last time you told me 4 with 4 PETM was overkill!) PETM is for getting whatever evo's I need. Since I play a relatively low number of energies, I put in 3 Stone's to get some energy if I need it. With Swoop, I can almost guarantee a T2 Marshtomp or Swampert, and ATM Rock is there for after Spinning Tail awhile. So, the basic strategy is to bring out Swampert early, and Spinning Tail while building up an Ampharos and at least getting a Blissey ex in my hand. When Swampert needs to be healed, I move the energy off him, heal with Blissey, and then move it back on to continue. ATM Rock to grab multiple prizes, and Aqua Sonic when you can get a KO or really hurt the Defending Pokemon. Hope you like the deck! I think its pretty darn original!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back