Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sableye or smeargle in jumpluff?

I'm struggling to boost my deck's speed without switching entirely to a trainer engine as trainer locks are common in my meta. So I'm thinking of switching my trusted sableye for smeargle ala gyarados style, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

To help, this is my current decklist:

Pkmn(25)
4-3-4 jumpluff
3-3 sunflora
1-1 infernape lvx
3 sableye
2 uxie
1 unown Q

TSS(28)
3 PONT
3 bebe
3 comm
2 collector
3 cyrus
3 BTS
3 candy
1 seeker
2 belt
4 pluspower
1 palmer

5 grass
2 rainbow

Before people start bashing me about the lack of luxury ball, I had one, but removed it for seeker. It was barely useful anyway. 3-3 sunflora because I have a morbid fear of Drush.

If I switch to smeargle, I may remove 1-1 sunflora since I no longer need to have such a strict autopilot on, and add in a 3rd collector and maybe the missing luxury ball, or a fourth smeargle.

Also on the sideboard is a 1-1 omastar line to deal with tanks. Infernape is a blessing, but two tanks fully set up kills me any day.

Opinions?

I would definitely go with smeargle, it lets you get the turn 1 jumpluff, which you really want.

Smeargle is your best option.

It's just faster, although less reliable. If you're trying to boost speed, Sableye is not the way to go. Sableye is used in Gyarados because the deck shoots for a T2 setup rather than T1 much of the time. With Jumpluff, you're really going to need all the speed you can get. Additionally, and this is the best reason to play Smeargle over Sableye, if Trainer lock is common in your meta you'll be facing a lot of Supporter-heavy decks, making Smeargle both faster and more consistent.

Also, it's not a total dead draw after T1. Supporters, such as Palmer's, Looker's, Cyrus, PONT, Bebe's, etc. are useful throughout the game... a Portrait after a knocked out Jumpluff can really help you out. You don't want to waste a turn attacking with Sableye to recover your resources.

Hmm, so smeargle says the, uh, majority (pffft...) Well actually, luxchomp is the dominant deck, obviously, but a lot of people are suspected to be use vilelostgar, and I just wanna be prepared to deal with an influx of vileplumes.

States is this sunday, which gives me only a day to full test out the revamp. I'm still unsure whether removing a 1-1 sunflora line is a good thing, or should I just remove a sunflora and keep the sunkern, ala ninetails?

I would just replace the sableyes with smeargles. I think you should definitely find room for a third or even a fourth collector. You always need to have your bench full to maximize on jumpluff's damage output with mass attack.

Back