Sad News Concerning Pokémon Movie 6

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Elite Trainer Raven, Feb 2, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Elite Trainer Raven

Elite Trainer Raven New Member

Well, it's official. Pokémon Movie 6, "Jirachi - Wish Maker", will not be released in theaters. Apparently, an unknown distributor will be releasing the movie and the mini-movie straight to VHS and DVD. Looks like Miramax isn't going to do it, and neither will Warner Bros. Though it won't be in theaters, it MIGHT boost the chances of wide-screen and Japanese audio options. Though the chances are not likely, it's worth hoping. This also brings up the possibility of the future of other Pokémon movies. What'll happen when the 7th movie's run its course in Japan and it's time to dub it in the US? From what I've seen, the Deoxys movie is such a powerful movie and would look cooky seeing it just get a video release. :\ Well, here's hoping that it gets wide-screen and Japanese audio.

2. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Chances are that it will not have the Japanese audio for the sole reason that is doesn't have 4Kids' edit written into it. Between the profanity and Japanese cultural remarks, it just wouldn't work. That is, as long as 4Kids continues to translate it.

3. Elite Trainer Raven

What profanity? There's rarely ever a time the word 'damn' will even slip in the anime. o_O Some fan subs (such as from Project Pikachu) have swears when they shouldn't be. Mistranslation, if you will. It's happened a great deal to other fansubbed anime (such as DBZ having swears thrown in left and right).

The chances may seem slim, but at least we can hope that they'll include Japanese audio. I mean, they've included every other language BUT the original. It's really stupid. :\

4. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

The distrubitor is Miramax. The movie should be good though!

5. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

WHAT profanity?

The 'worst' I've heard in the Japanese Pokemon movies/episodes I've seen has been 'chikusho'...which literally means 'beast' but has a meaning like 'dammit'.

Just because a fansub takes 'liberties' with the translation, does not mean it's by any means literal. More references to Japanese Buddhist/Shinto spirituality are deleted from the 4Kids rewrites than any 'profanity'...

'mom

6. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

I just hope it get puts in widescreen.

7. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Well when I watched the Bonus Disk trailer it was in Widescreen.

8. Elite Trainer Raven

All the trailers I've seen were in wide screen (and the first movie's commercial aired with Japanese voices such as Meowth's and Venuasaur's) and ended up being full screen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004