Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Safe storage / transport?

EeveeLover

Member Services Administrator
I just got a few figures last night. I am wondering how everyone else keeps there figures safe when transporting then out of the house and when not using them?

If you guys have some ideas, I would love to hear them.

I have 21 figures plus 2 trainers.

I am also wondering about this. right now I am keeping them in the their packaging since they open nicely from the back but this is too troublesome especially as my collection grows. As we've seen in stores the figures break if not packaged in a fragile manner.

The thing is other figure games like war hammer or even heroclix the figures are a lot smaller which makes them easier to carry. So we can't even copy how they carry their figures.

At least you only need 7 figures to play the game, however it is a trading figure game so part of the fun like the TCG is trading and also you need a sideboard.

Yeah, I see a problem with keeping them in good condition. Some of them have weak points that could snap at anytime and the figure would be ruined. I have no idea how one would carry about a lot like people do with heroclix or mech warrior.

I think most of the figures are too big for this but Golf Ball Cases, that are square can usually work on other Mini games. However I think that they are too small for the Pokemon Figures.

JMO,
Drew

I got one of those deck transport cases that have 3 spaces in the foam and I place them in there and it has places for the cards...

Some tabletop miniature games such as Warhammer and Warhammer 40k have carrying cases designed for transport of models like this. The standard size of models in those two games is far too small, but they'd have larger foam cutouts for use in those cases to carry war machines, tanks, or larger single models like ogres. That sort of thing should be the right size for these figures.

Some tabletop miniature games such as Warhammer and Warhammer 40k have carrying cases designed for transport of models like this. The standard size of models in those two games is far too small, but they'd have larger foam cutouts for use in those cases to carry war machines, tanks, or larger single models like ogres. That sort of thing should be the right size for these figures.

Those case are very expensive and I don't think they would hold very many figures as I don't think they hold many of the tanks in Warhammer.

We have not found the right solution yet either. We started with basically a tackle box. This worked well with about 10 figures because they fit without overlapping and the bases seemed to help them stand up. But now that each of my sons has a larger collection of the TFG they do not all fit without knocking into each other or laying on their sides. Some do seem fragile as we had a Mudkip break not long after coming out of the booster. I think it was the first or second time my son got to spin it. Here is a picture of what we are currently using -
100_2496.jpg
I think it still might work with a little help. I was thinking of cutting papertowel tubes to make cylinders for the figs but the tubes diameter is smaller than the figure base..

For Safe Transportation

I use UltraPro Padded Deck Bags the one you carry over your shoulder. Haven't had one break yet (knocking on wood) Hope that helps can't wait for TFG tournaments:thumb:

I think that the Ultrapro deck bags are a good way to go. I have to go to stores today to apply for jobs so I will see if there is anything else out there to meet our needs?

Tell me would players rather see cases that can only hold 6 or would like like to see more for trading figures as well?

I also use an Ultrapro.
It has six compartments on the bottom, five square and one oval. I keep my trainer figure and paralysis/poison counters in the oval, and have two Pokemon figures in each of the square. I use the big pocket on top for the playmat and the small pockets for the trainer cards.
Works really well.

The padded deck bag is my solution as well (I have a Max Protection one, pretty much the same design as the UltraPro). Two figures can easily fit in each rectangular slot. With the smaller figures you can fit three.

We do need something specifically designed for these, though. The figures from other games (HeroClix, etc.) are much smaller, maybe half the size of these, so no luck using cases designed for those. I've seen people keep them in the display packaging, but that won't stand up to too much jostling, as evidenced by the number of broken figures straight out of the shipping case. The owner at my local store opened two cases right in front of me, and we counted three broken figures. Ho-oh < UPS, apparently. Of course, UPS can destroy even the most resilient of packaging....

I don't have one of those padded bags, I found I could fit six figures, plus a trainer (there may be room for more) into one of the card tins. I haven't tested this method very long, though, so I don't know how good or bad it is at keeping the figures safe from damage.

Well I found the best container to store the TF's at target (Though you can probably get it anywhere.) It's called Snap 'N Stack it's a craft organizer and looks like this.
http://www.snapware.com//images/products/60882038.jpg

I like it because it's cheep(I paid $6.99) it holds six nicely in the dividers(except for Lugia) they can stack them as high as you want with them they're light they're small and you can put the trainers and extra pokemon in the other one.

I found a Tool box at menards that hads 2 thin and one thick customizable layers
so you can cut out small squares and put the figures in and set the thin layer on top so they cant move
it also is a hard case so they cant get crushed, i'm still working out the kinks in cutting the foam better but i hope to get it right without any wounds

I'm having my dad make me a wooden padded box for me (he is a woodworker), so we'll see how well it holds everything. :D

I dug out the old tackle box I got at Bass Pro Shops several yrs back that we hauled cards/decks in for awhile. It is the type that one can sit on the top (for fishing on the banks) and has a few trays on top and a deep well at the bottom. Put some foam or big bubble wrap on the bottoms and side ...place the figures and VOILA....instand carrier. My son took 20 or so figures to league today in it and taught folks how to play.

Keith

When I need to carry my figures around, I use a metal Wii carrying case that I bought about a year ago. Since everyone around me has a Wii now, my case has now been used solely to tote around Pokemon figures, as there's no need to use it to carry my system.

It's kind of hard to explain. I should take a picture of it.

The inside has padded sections in it, and they just so happen to be big enough to shelter the figures. The only problem is that there isn't individual sections for each figure; there's 3 sections for about 3 or 4, then another one that can hold 6, and another that can hold about 12 or so. So there's a possibility that the figures can hit each other while being carried around, and may break. But it hasn't happened yet.

All in all, it's an good substitute for a carrying case until I can find a better one. I may pick up one of those Ultra-Pro ones you guys are talking about.

Back