Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Salamence- Dragon Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOROY

The answer to this question was stated in this weeks rules meeting, but I did not understand the ruling the way it was written, so I just want to clarify it.

On Salamence's power "Dragon Wind", and Salamence is MY active pokemon, do I choose which benched pokemon my opponent switches, like Gust of Wind, and my opponent gets to choose which active to switch in 2-on-2 play, or is it different than that?

Thanks,
GOROY

Yes, you've got it correct. Here is the ruling in question, for reference:
== DRAGON WIND (Salamence - EX: Dragon)

Q. For Salamence's "Dragon Wind", who chooses the Benched Pokemon, the attacker or the defender?
A. The Active Player chooses which Benched Pokemon to switch, the opponent chooses which of their Defending Pokemon. (Nov 20, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

To clarify further, the way it works is that the attacker gets to choose which of the benched pokemon to bring forward. And in the case of a 2-on-2 battle, the opponent gets to choose which of the Defending Pokemon has to go to the bench. Incidentally, in the case of 1-on-1, there is only one Defending Pokemon, so there really is no choice who goes to the bench there.

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back