Salamence Spectacular (Neo On)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Carrington388, Feb 13, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Pokémon (20)
    4 Bagon (w/Dragon Eye) (EX: Dragon)
    3 Shelgon (w/Granite Head) (EX: Dragon)
    2 Salamence (w/Dragon Flame) (EX: Dragon)
    3 Jynx (Expedition)
    3 Magmar (Expedition)
    2 Cleffa (Promo #31)
    3 Tyrogue (Neo Discovery)

Trainers (20)
    4 Copycat (Expedition)
    4 Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
    4 Moo-Moo Milk (Neo Genesis/Expedition)
    4 Town Volunteers (Aquapolis)
    4 Wally's Training (EX: Sandstorm)

Energy (20)
    10 Fire Energy
    10 Water Energy

The main strategy is Salamence. I chose the lesser-used one simply because I didn't like the other one's Power and that there were more strategy options available with the lack of this one's Weakness and Resistance (although I think {W} would make a better Weakness on Dragon/Flying Pokémon in the TCG--in fact, the only Pokémon in the entire EX: Dragon set which I thought should have had a {C} Weakness, Kingdra ex, didn't (instead, it had two nonsensical Weaknesses)). This one actually allowed 60 damage with only 3 Energy with a discard, which Energy Stadium can snap right back up on the next turn, if successful. As for Shelgon, the Scrunch one didn't match Weakness and Resistance to Salamence, so I instead turned to the Granite Head variety, which reduces damage and does damage at the same time. The Bagon I chose matched the Weakness/Resistance strategy of nothing-nothing and allowed Sleep. (The other decent one didn't match the Weakness/Resistance strategy, I passed over its Paralysis.)

With the multi-typed attack, I threw in something more. Expedition Jynx can also put a Pokémon to sleep--useful if you don't have a Bagon in play or if all Bagon in play have evolved. It can also Paralyze as well, and Magmar can Burn. (Now all I need is Confusion and Poison to make an all-condition deck; sadly, that ain't going to happen.) Cleffa is for card drawing in a pinch, and Tyrogue can do decent damage with Baby protection--damage and protect while building up your fighters.

Copycat is the other part of the draw engine, and Moo-Moo Milk is the healer. Town Volunteers can return Pokémon and Energy to your deck (mainly the former). I also put in Wally's Training, which can help in building up to a Salamence by as early as turn three, if lucky.

Any comments, fixes, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.