Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sanctioned Events- league points

spookees

I know sanctioned play points are now being added to the website, my question is ....
what about all the previous points attained since we started the new nintendo leagues in september? do they get added in as well? or because they were not sanctioned events are they not counted?

I am getting alot of questions about this and just want to clarify.
thanks!

You will not be able to go back and sanction an event that has already been run. Also, the points being tracked are organized play points from sanctioned tournaments. Many Leagues are run on a casual play format, giving 20 points for a win and 10 for a loss. These points are not what is being tracked. Finally, the League instructions specifically say that you may run the League using a non-sanctioned tournament format. I'd check with the PUI League Coordinator ([email protected]) concerning the sanctioning of League tournaments.

BDS

ps - This belongs in the Tournaments and Organized Play forum. <<MOVING>>

spookees said:
I know sanctioned play points are now being added to the website, my question is ....
what about all the previous points attained since we started the new nintendo leagues in september? do they get added in as well? or because they were not sanctioned events are they not counted?

thanks!

Unlike BattleZones, Pokemon League is a non-sanctioned event. NO Pokemon league play will count toward ratings or rankings. Only sanctioned tournament play applies to ratings and rankings.

Prof. Dav

I think what she's asking here is, are the points from the 2 previous tournaments put on by Nintendo(Ruby/Sapphire & Sandstorm Pre-Release) going to be counted as far as points? After all they were 2 legit tourneys put on by the folks over at Nintendo and paper work was completed and turned in by the TO's. I could be wrong but I think this is what she's looking for answers too.

spookees said:
<snip> my question is ....
(1) what about all the previous points attained since we started the new nintendo leagues in september? do they get added in as well? or (2) because they were not sanctioned events are they not counted?

thanks!

Well, here is the original posters' questions...and the answers are;

(1) No, nothing which has occured prior to the start of POP Sanctioning (not league, not tournament, not Premier events like Prereleases) will cause points to be added (or subtracted) from your POP ranking. There were no points attained prior to 10/25/2003 (see below).

(2) Correct, they don't count because they were not sanctioned events.

Only events which were sanctioned since the first one on 10/25/2003 (tournament ID: 03-10-000002) will have any bearing on your rank and score.

Lugias_Realm said:
I think what she's asking here is, are the points from the 2 previous tournaments put on by Nintendo(Ruby/Sapphire & Sandstorm Pre-Release) going to be counted as far as points? After all they were 2 legit tourneys put on by the folks over at Nintendo and paper work was completed and turned in by the TO's. I could be wrong but I think this is what she's looking for answers too.
yes John that was what i was thinking...thank you.

Back