Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sceptech (Eon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkates

I actually built this deck a few months ago, but have made some changes in recent days. I do not currently have any useful Dragons cards, so please do not suggest any.

Pokemon (18):
4 Treecko (R/S #76) [Evolution.]
2 Grovyle (R/S #32) [Evolution.]
4 Sceptile (2 R/S Holo, 2 R/S Non-holo) [NH for Trans, Holo for attack/stall.]
2 Wobbuffet (SS) [Anti-ex, anti-Psy, miscellaneous attacking.]
2 Suicune [Anti-Fire.]
2 Elekid (SS) [Extra Energy.]
2 Electabuzz (SS) [Electric tech, bench damage.]

Trainers (24):
2 Ancient Ruins [Draw.]
4 Copycat [Hand-changing.]
2 Master Ball [Search.]
4 Pokemon Nurse [Healing.]
2 Power Charge [Get back Multi/Rainbow.]
2 Professor Oak's Research [Hand-changing.]
3 Rare Candy [Evolution.]
1 Town Volunteers [Discard rescue.]
4 Warp Point [Disruption and switching Good combo with NH Sceptile.]

Energy (18):
3 Boost Energy
9 Grass Energy
3 Multi Energy
3 Rainbow Energy

Strategy: The deck focuses on using Non-holo Sceptile's Energy Trans Power. The Pokemon, other than the Sceptile line, are mostly Basics of various types, which should be able to handle a lot of different types of Pokemon. The "excessive" use of Pokemon Nurse is due to the fact that I can just Trans all of a Pokemon's Energy off of it before I Nurse it. The Pokemon themselves are meant to cover a number of different types. The (P) for Wobbuffet, the (W) for Suicune, and the (L) for Elekid/Electabuzz can easily be provided with Multi or Rainbow.
One of the strongest points of this deck is its low Energy costs. Other than Holo Sceptile, nothing in this deck needs more than XCC for its attack (X being the card's color of Energy). The Boosts are mainly for Holo Sceptile, which does need more Energy than most.

Nice deck, Boost could also work for T2 Electabuzz (evolved from Elekid) But I prefer T2 Wobby from Wynaut with Boost so I would drop both Elekid and Buz for 1 more Wobby and 3 Wynaut, it also helps bring out other Pokemon. Also drop 2 Master Ball for Crystal Shard, One hit K'O on Rayquaza with Wobby. And lastly drop both Ancient Ruins for 2 TV Reporter, its Dragons but if yu dont have it use 2 more reserch. Hope this helped :)

I would use Roselia, but I have none. Same story with adding TV Reporter and more Oak's Research. BTW, I would appreciate if people would give me advice on what cards to take out for the cards they suggest adding.

Last edited:
Pokemon (18):
4 Treecko (R/S #76) [Evolution.]
2 Grovyle (DR) [Evolution.] (btw better)
4 Sceptile (2 R/S Holo, 2 R/S Non-holo) [NH for Trans, Holo for attack/stall.]
2 Wynaut [speed]
2 Wobbuffet (SS) [Anti-ex, anti-Psy, miscellaneous attacking.]
2 Suicune [Anti-Fire.]
2 Roselia [speed]
2 Dunsparce [speed]

Trainers (24):
2 low pressure system [extra strength}
2 Copycat [Hand-changing.]
2 Master Ball [Search.]
4 Pokemon Nurse [Healing.]
2 SER2 [Pure insanity]
4 Professor Oak's Research [Hand-changing.]
3 Rare Candy [Evolution.]
1 Town Volunteers [Discard rescue.]
4 Warp Point [Disruption and switching Good combo with NH Sceptile.]

Energy (18):
3 Boost Energy
9 Grass Energy
3 Multi Energy
3 Rainbow Energy

Hope you like the fix :D
~ EV

Too many thoughts, where to begin....

First, no Buzz.... Elekid, sure, but ditch Buzz. Now that being said, ditch Suicune (no I didnt loose my mind btw). Now a 2/2 Line of Wailord should be added.

On Second thought, ditch Elikid, go with Sparce.

hmmm, Trainer selection is interesting... but lacks some things. -2 Masterball, +2 Strength Charm. Little buggers allow Sceptile to OHKO Grass weak EX pokemon up to 150 HP, or any non weak 80 HP Pokemon. I would drop all Copycats for Shaman. It will generally get same # of cards, except against some Delcatty decks. Could see your Boost working even better with Wailord, but dropem. You have E Trans, Boost will only be handy early game.... dont think it will make all the difference with this deck. -3, +1 Rainbow, and then round out the trainers with 2 Crystal Shards. I think Wailord +Shards will help withstand most Fire decks, and possibly beat them. Consider changing your Stadiums. Maybe try to get 2 Low Pressure Systems. 130HP Sceptile is sweet....

HYPER EEVEE and Spectreon, both of you are suggesting a number of cards I don't have. BTW, Spectreon, do you realize your fix leaves me with only 16 Energy cards? Neway, I did make some changes in this deck last night, and I'll post the updated list later today.

Well, here's the updated decklist. Thanks to Otaku for helping me with these changes. Please note, other than the two Dragons cards that are now in the deck, I have none that would help this deck. I've checked.

Pokémon (22):
3 Treecko (2 R/S #76, 1 DR)
2 Grovyle (R/S #32)
3 Sceptile (1 R/S Holo, 2 R/S NH)
2 Elekid (SS)
2 Electabuzz (SS)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)
2 Suicune (AQ)
2 Growlithe (SK)
2 Hitmonchan (AQ)
2 Ditto (SK)

Trainers (20):
1 Ancient Ruins
2 Bill's Maintenance
2 Copycat
1 High Pressure System
2 Master Ball
4 Pokémon Nurse
2 Professor Oak's Research
2 Rare Candy
1 Town Volunteers
3 Warp Point

Energy (18):
10 Grass Energy
4 Multi Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

Notes: Growlithe and Hitmonchan may seem weak (maybe they even are), but against Pokémon weak to their types, I think they will do pretty well. After all, with Weakness helping out, Growlithe can do up to 80 damage for CC, and Hitmonchan can do as much as 100 damage for FC or CCC. High Pressure System should help out, since it gives me free retreaters (namely, Suicune and Growlithe), which makes Warp Point a bit more useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back