Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sceptile deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. This is my first post here and I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me out with my Sceptile deck.

Pokémon (17):
4x Treecko (Tail Slap/Razor Leaf)
2x Grovyle (Poison Breath/Swift)
4x Sceptile (3x Lizard Poison, 1x Energy Trans)
3x Skitty (Plus Energy)
2x Delcatty (Energy Draw)
2x Roselia

Trainers (24):
3x Professor Oak's Research
3x Professor Elm's Training Method
3x Oracle
3x Moo-Moo Milk
3x Rare Candy
2x Pokémon Nurse
2x Switch
2x Low Pressure System
2x Strength Charm
1x Town Voulenteers

Energies (19):
19x Grass Energy

Not much to say here... pretty much self-explanatory. I choose to go 3-1 instead of 2-2 on the Sceptiles because the Lizard Poison is MUCH more important to me... I am even thinking about ditching the Energy Trans one and the Nurses for something else. The Strength Charms are techs for Gardevoir ex decks (which make up about 50% of the decks in my area) so that Solarbeam can OHKO Gardevoir ex. The high amount of energy seems necessary because of Delcatty's Energy Draw. I was thinking about playing some Fishermen in this deck to get my energies back quickly... what would you guys recommend? Thanks.

Last edited:
Let's see what I can do here, first of all, it's a pretty nice deck, I've been trying to come up with a Sceptile (Lizard Poison) deck myself.

I would drop the Strength Charm's as it is not needed much in this deck since you'll be going poison crazy.
up the TV count by 1 or maybe 2.

I'd leave the Energy Trans Sceptile because that is a mighty handy power to have.

Since Gardy EX is big in your area, have you thought about running a 2-3 Wynaut/Wobbuffet line?

I have thought of both Wynaut and Wobbuffet but I really have no room in the deck right now for them... is there anything you can see that I can replace Wynaut/Wobbuffet with?

i guess the deck is fine, just a few minor changes:

-1 moo
+1 nurse
-1 skitty
+1 fan club

that way i guess youll be able to get skittys and treeckos early game.

Misdreavus said:
I have thought of both Wynaut and Wobbuffet but I really have no room in the deck right now for them... is there anything you can see that I can replace Wynaut/Wobbuffet with?
You could drop the Delcatty line and add the Wobbuffet line, but that would be a tough choice to make, since Delcatty gives you more draw power and Skitty helps you get energies to feed Sceptile's Energy Trans and Delcatty's attack.

I dunno, playtest both lines against a few Gardevoir Decks in your area, to see which one works better.

would add 2 fan clubs , 1 town of volunteers , more tv reporters and drop most of the moo moo milks and potion healing doesnt help sceptile that much i used to run one in unlimted and u might want to thin out ur treekos and groviles if ur using 3 candies

Looks good overall. I would advise switching Grovyles -- preferably to the Dragons version, but at least to the other one from R/S. Also, if you have them, switch to the Dragons version of Treecko. Drop the Elm's Training Methods for TV Reporters, Copycats, or Desert Shamans; alternatively, you could use those slots to max out Pokemon Nurse and Oak's Research. Finally, consider dropping one Grass Energy for a third Switch. A good Fire deck will still give you trouble, but I'll let you figure out if and how to account for that.

I'd say take out the Delcatty line for the 2/3 Wubba line. U have enough draw power as it is. Nice deck BTW! :thumb:
-Swampert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back